First Impressions Containment Thread

gonna use that to fuck with Johnny

2 Likes

wat I have to be nice to people? Can I get a coupla exemptions for greg and Johnny and a wildcard for somebody else?

It’s boilerplate that comes with the software. Ultimately those decisions need to be made by whatever governance the community decides to subject itself to. I think our job as forum admins is limited to making sure the little hamster doesn’t fall off his wheel.

I am slightly confused by the layout. It’ll definitely take some time to get used to.

1 Like

I like the timeline slider on the right.

Well done peeps.

2 Likes

Is there a way to better distinguish one post from the next, eg. alternating background colors?

Which theme are you using? They’re more clearly separated in the zz_____ ones.

eta: only true on desktop view tho

I used the Dark Colors theme. I switched to zz_grey. It’s a it better now but there is still room for improvement.

They’re definitely not as distinct on the darker themes.

Having the poster’s name on top of the post will also take some time getting used to. For now I still read it like someone is addressing that poster:

"Zikzak,

They’re definitely not as…"

instead of:

Zikzak: “They’re definitely…”

So can I create my H&F log here now or do I have to wait?

Also how do I see who’s online?

You should be able to do so this weekend. That’s the planned time for the move.

There’s a plugin for this. If there’s enough community interest we can install it.

I just looked at that plugin on a live site and I kinda hate it. There’s a different one available that might work better, but I can’t find a working example of it anywhere.

Ok ty.

The site looks great on my phone. I was bothered by the idea that Tapatalk wouldn’t work, but this seems totally fine.

First impression isn’t great, but I don’t like change and this is a big change. Will take some getting used to for sure but thanks for getting it up and running.

Please post what’s bothering you, there have already been some fast and welcome improvements today. For example, if you are on desktop and you want less white space on the left and right, use the “Wide Screen” theme in the menu dropdown in the upper right next to the search icon.

Honestly I think for most people used to 2p2/Exiled, first impressions are almost always negative. I know mine were very negative the first time I used Discourse on the playground site Zikzak set up a couple of months ago, but once I got used to it, I thought it was much better than the old sites.
There are a couple of little features that I’d like to see here - always liked being able to see how many people are online.

4 Likes

I need a mobile app with push notifications

3 Likes