Feature requests

The double scrollbar is annoying. imo.

Cool.

Iā€™d like a ā€œWorldā€™s Greatest Posterā€ undertitle.

1 Like

But seriously can we please have a post count for users?

Yeah, thereā€™s a lot we theoretically can do, but some things are a lot more work than others and Iā€™m still running around trying to take care of higher urgency issues. To give a general idea, in ascending order of difficulty these are the things that can be done:

Configure software settings from the client
Install themes and theme components
Install plugins*
Create custom themes with CSS (what oreoā€™s been doing)
Create custom themes with template files (and moar CSS)
Create custom plugins
Fork the code and create custom forum software

If there isnā€™t already a theme component or plugin available, things like changing the timestamp and adding post counts are probably going to require working with template files. I can do that, but Iā€™m not going to be able to get to that stuff right away.

*Installing plugins would actually be kind of a pain in the ass right now because it would break the SSL on the www subdomain. Fixing those sorts of issues are where most of my focus is right now.

Also, installing plugins will take the site down for ~20 minutes, so itā€™s not something we want to do frequently.

You can also see post counts on the user page.

testing edit window and what happens when I edit this post as a regular user
2 minutes later, any sign I edited? and 9 min later. 11 min

After 600 seconds it shows that irā€™s been edited once, so you have 600 seconds to ninja edit.
Now if should show 2. hmmm, stil just shows 1 no matter how many times Iā€™ve edited it, but if you hover you see the time of the last edit

Nope

I already know who I like so donā€™t need posting stats. Also fine with the time the way itā€™s done. Actually prefer it tbh.

I do like knowing whoā€™s online.

stalker alert

Is there a way to hide real names people may have entered? I was browsing the user list and noticed quite a few people have first and last names in there and I imagine they didnā€™t know theyā€™d be publicly displayed.

FFS people, do not give out your real personal info to Internet forums.

I think thatā€™s just the Name field, which is optional. Most people have nothing in that field, some people have put a nickname and some have put what might be their real name - but it says ā€œoptionalā€ right where you enter it.

So, any user can change that if they want.

It says optional but it also doesnā€™t make clear that it will be visible to everybody.

I know itā€™s not the modsā€™ responsibility to keep personal info safe but maybe if they can delete that info it would be good. No one needs Kelhus and chez harassing them irl.

Putting a note in there warning people that the field is public probably isnā€™t hard, but I donā€™t know if it would get overwritten on software updates.

I linked my Twitter account and it appears to have grabbed that location, thanks for the heads up.

Now that I am not on my admin account, I see @otatop profile as hidden, in which case your location would only have been visible to admins and maybe mods but not sure about them

idk if I have options about how tweets are displayed. The change I made was basically just creating a Twitter consumer key for the site, which improves the embedding format.

Anyway, bookmarked this to look into further later.

1 Like

Ignore this, I must be blind.

I hate to even ask given the work @goofyballer has already put into this, but if itā€™s easy to have the botā€™s tweets to show current likes and retweets rather than the number when the bot grabbed the tweet, that would be amazing.