Fashion and Apparel - Deals and Showcase

Wasn’t familiar with their product but 3" inseam and elastic microfiber blend means they know what’s up.

Well that was… interesting…

As someone who is currently team boxer briefs I am intrigued by your ideas, not sure I’ll be subscribing to your newsletter though.

2 Likes

@BestOf

3 Likes

More on trunks, from Forbes in 2016:

According to First Insight data, prices of men’s trunk underwear have risen by 44% over the past three years, and the volume of trunks tested via the company’s platform has boosted tests in the entire men’s underwear category by 34% over the same period. In 2013, trunks accounted for just 8% of the total men’s underwear tests conducted via First Insight’s platform; in 2016 to date, they have represented 56% of the total.

The price point for trunks is running higher than that of other men’s underwear categories, perhaps due to trunks’ combination of functionality and fashion fusion. Some trunks combine higher-quality fabrics for moisture wicking and odor prevention, some incorporate mesh, and some boast “double-panel coverage.”

And here is GQ’s top all-around pick for men’s underwear from August that they’ve been recommending for a while now:

Calvin Klein cotton stretch 2 pack trunks

The cotton choice is suboptimal but the price is hard to beat when they have the 3-pack for cheap like they wrote about in January. Right now the low rise trunks in all black are $21.25. I’m not linking Amazon but it’s “calvin klein cotton stretch multipack low rise trunks.”

These days I buy close to 100% of my clothes from Costco and they haven’t failed me yet. I’m pretty confident I look 99% as good as I used to but with 1% of the effort since I can just buy dress pants while sprinting toward the produce section.

1 Like

Took the trunk plunge :pray:

2 Likes
1 Like

I guess I’m in the minority on this, but I actually find boxers to be way more comfortable for me compared to being tightly packed, which can lead to a bit of chafing.

When I was dating a lot, I would use trunks on dates b/c I liked how I looked in them. Sort of like a girl wearing her best pair of panties, although obv way less important for guys.

I haven’t used briefs since I was 12, and will probably never go back to them.

Boxer briefs, got a couple pairs mostly for exercising or occasionally normal wear if nothing else is clean.

Yeah, me too.

Also use boxer briefs for exercise.

1 Like

Looking for a boat shoe if anyone has ideas

Just want to complain here about the fact that so many pairs of shorts in the USA go all the way down to the knee. It’s not high school, it’s okay to show a little thigh! Whenever I find a pair of shorts I like at normie places like Banana Republic or Jcrew, they’re almost always too long. Where do you guys get shorts that are cut a bit above the knee?

I never have this problem. I usually buy chino shorts with a 7” inseam. J. Crew and Topman are most of my pairs. I also rock Patagonia baggies a lot.

It might because I go to the nearby outlet mall and they get all the unfashionable leftovers or whatever. But 90% of the shorts I randomly look at are knee length. Guess it’s time to shop online.

Oh definitely. I haven’t bought clothes in person in years haha.

Does anyone have experience with wearing jogger pants?

3 Likes

Today is National Underwear Day. Some deals out there if you shop around.

I’ll point out one thing I think is a deal (they are $8.99 dunno why preview says $12). Then get another 20% off your order with code TRYUS. Shipping is $5.99 CONUS not sure about ROW:

These are 95% pima 5% spandex and retail for $30, normally sell for $20 to $24. The 3.5" inseam is close to ideal length imo and right at the max of what I consider a trunk (see my manifesto above). They also have these in 4" which is considered a boxer brief:

Just make sure you sort by size if you’re searching this site because the popular sizes (M/L) are sold out on many items.

1 Like

Pretty insane Allen Edmonds deal happening if you need some buy it for life shoes.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/sale/mens-sale/199-styles/?icid=199-off-hp-story

2 Likes