Fall LC thread

This

Agree, but maybe this is more a problem of too few threads. I’m not sure it makes sense to contain the entire Trump presidency - which is by far the most active topic on the forum - to a single thread. It’s intimidating to come home and see 300 new posts in a single topic.

4 Likes

Impeachment will be 90% of the Trump presidency from here on out. Don’t think it should be a separate thread.

1 Like

Voted no. Too much overlap. Harder to check both threads.

2 Likes

This

From a meta perspective, I’m actually more concerned about what happens to this community after Trump than how we categorize things during his Presidency. The ridiculousness of this administration is a huge driver of engagement in a way that a standard Dem Presidency wouldn’t.

Regarding the Trump thread, I agree that it’s probably too much–sometimes there are multiple conversations going on at the same time and it’s hard to follow. Problem is, I don’t have a better suggestion–Trump is so all-consumingly stupid that it’s often impossible to segregate things.

Also, having Trumpbot to yell at is pretty therapeutic.

Would support re-opening it if/when impeachment proceedings begin for specific, detailed discussion about the process and strategy. Until then, it’s way better to keep it all in one place IMO.

I always found it counterproductive to have megathreads. Why should discussion of Trump‘s immigration policy, Trump‘s Russian connection, emoluments, his attacks on the media and his views on Gun control all be in the same thread?
I don’t find it convincing that it is more convenient to have it all in one place. Having a dozen different conversations going on at the same time makes it harder to follow any of them. As we have seen in this thread some will just skip it all together rather than slog through it.

5 Likes

Hopefully we’ll migrate to the AOC thread and start trying to fix things.

(we had a dream)

2 Likes

Y’all are free to start new threads.

1 Like

Imagine if Trump just breaks the GOP like the Depression did - and we get eight years of Warren leading right into an AOC presidency.

It’s hard to even conceive of how the derpers would react. Seems like mass violence is live.

I started a new thread on the need for mega-threads.

2 Likes

Real people, this awful, actually exist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AntifascistsofReddit/comments/d96lhb/imagine_being_this_morally_bankrupt/

I want them to over-react in a way that we can justify dealing with them definitively. And I’m not saying I want them to get violent, although I’m all for sending in the drones if they engage in armed resistance, but I would like to complete the unfinished Reconstruction of the country no matter how much they kick and scream. Just what means should be used depends on just how badly they react.

It’s so fucking wild that all of the social media platforms are run by Nazis.

We’re talking about a thread that was locked. What’s the purpose of starting new threads if everything just gets folded into one megathread?

I feel like there was a brief window where trump and impeachment were redundant but within 24 hours there were other things but they just get lost.

Mega threads go against my 25 plus years of using online forums before getting to 22. I think a lot more bit size topics can work but the question is moderating and those doing the moderation.

Reminds us of the meaninglessness of existence?

1 Like

Trumpbot after he’s impeached will be 100000x more hilarious.

1 Like