Fall LC thread

Say something.

What if you’re dealing with a man with a key?

Well not saying anything and waiting for someone to just try to walk on in is business as usual here at Kramerica industries. I always knock but I’m seemingly the only one who has heard of the practice. I knock —> get no response —> turn knob —> door’s locked, and the person sitting in there acts like I’m a walker trying to get in to eat his brain or something.

In my 9th grade “Computer Awareness” class the popular ones were Oregon Trail, leisure suit Larry and Sun Tsu’s Ancient Art of War. We did almost nothing else but play those three all year.

Uh, seems utterly ridiculous to me.

I mean look at Kuklinski’s body count per year. Then recognize that he wasn’t the only person with that job. There could easily be 10+ people with higher body counts than him and the high score could be crazy high. A lot of these guys were killing low level people for not very much money and dropping a lot of bodies.

If you look at the types of numbers being racked up in Mexico right now you get a pretty good idea of what things were like when the mob controlled a huge % of the economy. Look up Murder Inc. It’s a crazy story.

Facebook co-founder

https://twitter.com/chrishughes/status/1181547287014789120?s=21

Look at the homicide rates in NYC and Chicago in the 40-70s. They weren’t that crazy. Not nearly as bad as the 90s and nowhere near Mexico/Central America drug cartel rates.

Mob hit man killing hundreds is from the movies imo.

I play the home alone audio on my phone.

Virtually none of those murders were ever reported. No body no crime was literally their motto. Also they frequently traveled all over the country for the job because police departments didn’t communicate at all, so they would arrive, kill someone, and be out of town on the train before the body was cold. Every suspect would have a rock solid alibi because they knew that it was going to happen.

This was a national criminal organization with virtual control over construction, transportation, and quite a few other niches. They had a shadow legal system and professionalized services like murder available with a phone call. These guys were who carried that out.

Trusting stuff like crime stats from 1930-1980 is just laughable. They still don’t even track police shootings. Crime stats are propaganda and always have been honestly. Much more so when the police and the syndicate were coequal institutions accepted by every level of government.

Comparing syndicate hit men with serial killers is super stupid. That’s like comparing special forces operators in 2019 with serial killers. Of course the special forces guys body counts are massive multiples larger. They kill for a living and they are government sponsored. In the 30’s-80’s the syndicate hit men were basically government sponsored as well. The police in basically every jurisdiction all the way up to the FBI were actively on the payroll of the people who employed them.

Even today massively more people go missing than are murdered. Mysteriously most of these people are never heard from again. That’s because no body no crime is still a pretty good rule. The police are out there intentionally downgrading violent felonies to other stuff to make crime stats look good. They for sure aren’t digging deep on every disappearance trying to turn it into a murder even if it probably is one.

Samuel Little killed a lot of people because he picked his victims well. If you kill the right people in this country the police will do exactly nothing to investigate. With the typical syndicate murder not only was there no body, but the victim was a misdemeanor murder AND the police were being actively paid to look the other way. To say they wouldn’t be in the crime stats is massively understating the matter.

How are missing people accounted for? Seems like a lot of their potential victims would never have been found and perhaps never listed as a murder.

Are you guys 14? Hit men? Special forces? Body counts in the thousands?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1181509568632885249

Wtf? Blizzard entertainment needs a boycotting.

2 Likes

This is one of those areas I know a lot about unfortunately. Just because something is crazy doesn’t mean it isn’t true. This is one of those spots. Feel free to dig in and look it up yourself if you really doubt me.

And I was saying that one highly productive professional killer might have gotten to high three figure very low four figure body count with a 40-50 year career. Unfortunately that’s not remotely crazy.

Kuklinski got to at least 100 but quite possibly 300+ between 1948 and 1986. It was a different time. There is no reason to believe that Kuklinski was the top mob murderer for that time period, in fact he almost certainly wasn’t. 1930-1948 would have been one of the most prolific periods for that sort of thing as well.

Kuklinski to be clear was never all that trusted and was basically just a rental psychopath. He wouldn’t have been getting as much work as the guys who reported to Albert Anastasia or Louis Buchalter during the Murder Inc period.

2 Likes

I’m just not going to believe you.

I had to look it up, but icwydt. Nice work.

Didn’t know any of that. Good, that would make a boycott really effective. They would cave in a New York minute.

1 Like

I say something because in my experience people seem to not understand what a locked door means and continue to knock until you respond.

Murder, Inc. - Wikipedia.

" Though the group had a number of members, Harry “Pittsburgh Phil” Strauss was the most prolific killer, committing over 100 murders (some historians put the number as high as 500).[6]"

That was just one of those guys and we’ll literally never know who all of them were, what they did, or what other similar crews were doing through the country. It was very much a different time. And They were only active from the late 30’s through at the absolute latest 1957. It would be super easy for someone who didn’t get caught from that era to have gone way further and lasted through to the 70’s-80’s.

We’ll never know largely because nobody wanted to know back then. But if you want to just decide that none of it happened because it makes you feel better I totally get that… but there was a time when criminals controlled multiple multi billion dollar industries (and not in today’s dollars) mostly through fear.