Fall LC thread

I’m not sure, I’m just a casual with a good memory.

That’s peak gamesmanship. His corner telling him to get inside is so cinematic. It’s not allowed in MMA at all.

I heard the announcer say ‘unification’, which generally means two champs. To me, it seemed like the ref really wanted Corrales to not lose.

Context seemed to be that he’d been winning.

Explains why the ref was hesitant to call it on him. Def looked like it should’ve been called with the second knockdown, and usually it seems it would’ve been waved off when he got up from the first and started taking punishment.

Normal human biases prevailed and probably reaffirmed them for the ref.

I just looked at the wiki for the fight, and all it talks about is that round, so it’s hard to get context for how lopsided it was or wasn’t. It said Corrales was WBO champion and Castillo was WBC champion. I can’t remember if WBO was legit by then and WBC was the bad one, but I remember when WBO used to be called the World Bogus Organization.

Dude would’ve been better off to take a knee when he was getting pounded. Ref had to save him being out on his feet.

Tough to strategize when you’re already concussed tho.

I’m not always a big fan of clowning, but I really like this guy:

I edited to ‘winning’ instead of dominating.

Seemed like he was likely ahead on points is what I should’ve said, based on what the announcer was saying about the dynamics changing. Thinking he was dominating was my first thought because of how reluctant the ref was to call it. Being a favorite can change the equation too on that.

Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo

First fight, Corrales won as a minus-140 favorite; second fight, Corrales is a minus-130 favorite Saturday at the Thomas & Mack Center

He was only a small favorite. I’m guessing the stakes were big.

check out 4:43

Forum must be broken today. For some reason all the posts from the fighting thread are showing up in the LC thread.

2 Likes

Boxing containment plz.

I liked that Kung Fu Master game.

Ali, particularly peak Ali would have annihilated him. Largely because being that fast, that evasive, and that long are all direct counters to everything that made Tyson good.

And I’m basically 100% sure Tyson would agree with me given he idolizes Ali.

Video Games thread is also leaking quite badly.

2 Likes

I need to check Aqualung out. I love channels like this. Will also heartily recommend SNES Drunk.

2 Likes

What about streamer ninja? He just performed on The Masked Singer LOL. Not bad!

Neighbors had an Apple when I was a kid. I could never play as much of this as I wanted to:

Lol, and now I can hear the music. Dropped a lot of quarters into that one, the left to right levels were a real bitch.

1 Like

Another one of my all-time favourites. Loved being able to shoot the lights down on the bad guys.

1 Like