Fall LC thread

The thing I like about Yang is that he applies “listen to the experts” and “what things are other countries doing that work to solve this problem” and applies it to everything, not just Medicare for all or climate change. Other candidates don’t have that mindset.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1177976571174490112

1 Like

Yeah… I like his hyper realism. A VAT tax really would raise the revenue he says it would. A wealth tax is basically just a fairy tale, as has been conclusively shown in other places. It’s not satisfying to admit that the money the rich have squirreled away is untouchable but that’s reality. A deeply ingrained reality.

Switzerland, Norway and Spain have wealth taxes.

I doubt it’d happen here though if only because of corruption and propaganda.

Well, otoh, every state and local Gov with property taxes has a wealth tax, so we have plenty of it already, just not at the federal level.

There’s still the main barrier - a big ditch - between the woman and the lion. She only jumped the little barrier of the fence.

I hate how every news outlet either ignores that or barely mentions it.

1 Like

I just read that letter and that’s not really what it says.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emptywheel

This is where I got it from. Usually emptywheel is spot on, no?

The Mattel ones were the real deal. The white one was first generation and black one second generation. The one in the picture you show looks like a radio shack knock off.

I remember when I first got the white one, would take it to school every day and get in trouble every day. Then I would come home and play against my dad.

1 Like

While a VAT works and is widely used in Europe, how could it be accomplished without a brand new and very large bureaucracy? And add burden to every business everywhere as opposed to just the accountants of people with > $50m.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1175756828912865280

This was an ad on twitter but still pretty cool.

1 Like

4 Likes

Well, that guy won’t.

2 Likes

Eh I bet Amber would have shot a white dude too. She was amped up to shoot before she even saw who was in there, only way that person wasn’t dying if it was like an Asian girl doing math homework or something.

Australian woman who called 911 and dude sobbing on hotel floor crawling as cops told him to were as white as can be.

This is simply wrong. We do know. If by know you mean we’ve applied that same standards we use to know anything.

1 Like

Y’all really taking her word for it that she “accidentally” walked into the wrong apartment?

5 Likes

Yeah at first blush I don’t buy that at all. But then again I’m not an expert on the case or anything.

Religion isn’t scientific and shouldn’t be approached as such. It’s a combination of self-help, community, practical ethics and philosophy, and a road map for living your life. As well as fulfilling a spiritual need that seems to be deep-seated and innate in humans. It’s fine if it doesn’t work for you but saying that religion is wrong because SCIENCE is missing the point incredibly.

There is no way. She even claimed the door was slightly ajar but those doors automatically close.

10 years and a hug from the victims family and a hug from the frickin judge was not enough. She should have received a much more serious penalty.

The fact that she was a trained law enforcement officer should have absolutely counted against her compared to being a lay person.