Fall LC thread

Yeah, there’s a real good chance of that happening. I remember Politics on 2+2 going into a pretty big slump in 2013. But 3 years ago I also predicted the place would be a ghost town after the election, so who knows? Things can always get worse!

1 Like

“Run, hide, fight” is very Orwellian.

“Run if you can,” the safety notice said. “If you’re stuck, hide (also known as ‘sheltering in place’), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.”

I guess that reads better. But the stop, drop, and roll sequential motto is creepy and sounds like guerrilla warefare.

I’m picking up a large object and throwing it at him. I’ve lived a good life. People with kids deserve to live more than me.

Note: Obviously I have no idea if I’ll actually do this, nor does anyone until they get in the moment. But I do think about it sometimes. I think about what I’d do if there was an active shooter on my office floor.

I’m not just going to blindly charge. But I’m going to try to make a plan to overpower him when he’s reloading or something. If I charge and get shot I might still be able to land my prodigious weight on him so maybe others can jump in and disarm him.

I’d rather die trying to be a hero than know I ran away while others died. Not that I fault anyone else for doing that. But I only have selfish reasons to stay alive at this point.

Also just to be clear - I’m not charging into a building. But if I’m in some trapped situation where he’s just picking people off one by one - I’d rather die trying to stop that than hide or run and live through it. I think. It’s all academic at this point.

3 Likes

It is but sadly it seems to be a standard phrase in safety training. I work in a plant with large volumes of hazardous chemicals, every year we go through our emergency contingency plan and there is a page dedicated to active shooter scenarios. It says the same thing, run if you can, hide if if you can’t run and fight if it’s your only option

1 Like

I would encourage everyone to weigh in here. I’m assuming everyone has some knowledge of the posting in question, if not I’ll see what I can pull up from previous posts that have been reported.

When in doubt, you should comma splice, dig?

I thought I’d hit The Namath Number today but I haven’t even hit the warning.

2 Likes

Man all the threads got blow up today…im never going to catch up.

1 Like

lol

https://twitter.com/newsbreaking/status/1176717551859974146?s=21

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MCamerlengo/status/1176647387735044101?s=19

1 Like

Someone in prison in Wisconsin apparently confessed to killing Theresa Halbach. Not Dassey or Avery.

1 Like

Holy crap! Ootv must be apoplectic

My day so far: I’m sitting at a light when I hear a loud BANG! and I’m like wtf? Something hit my rear window, looks like a bullet but the cops don’t seem to think so

2 Likes

Just under my deductible to fix it, naturally

Holy shit that is scary.

:astonished:

Looks like a rock to me. Sucks man. I just took a fluke rock to the windshield on the freeway, and it went from a ding to a crack before I even reached my destination.

1 Like

It’s seriously like the thing just fell from the sky. There was no one around anywhere that I could see who might have thrown it.