Fall LC thread

Australian woman who called 911 and dude sobbing on hotel floor crawling as cops told him to were as white as can be.

This is simply wrong. We do know. If by know you mean we’ve applied that same standards we use to know anything.

1 Like

Y’all really taking her word for it that she “accidentally” walked into the wrong apartment?

5 Likes

Yeah at first blush I don’t buy that at all. But then again I’m not an expert on the case or anything.

Religion isn’t scientific and shouldn’t be approached as such. It’s a combination of self-help, community, practical ethics and philosophy, and a road map for living your life. As well as fulfilling a spiritual need that seems to be deep-seated and innate in humans. It’s fine if it doesn’t work for you but saying that religion is wrong because SCIENCE is missing the point incredibly.

There is no way. She even claimed the door was slightly ajar but those doors automatically close.

10 years and a hug from the victims family and a hug from the frickin judge was not enough. She should have received a much more serious penalty.

The fact that she was a trained law enforcement officer should have absolutely counted against her compared to being a lay person.

Jean’s brother seems to have bought it. He followed the case a lot closer than anyone here I’ll bet.

Ugh this one still haunts me. That was fucking terrible.

I dunno, did you hear where they polled people on the 3rd and 4th floor and something like 45% said they’ve gotten mixed up and gone to the wrong apt.

I could see that happening with the elevator.

But yeah, if I’m about to go in guns blazing. I probably double check my surroundings.

Beyond that she didn’t follow protocol at all. Is it likely that she wanted to kill him and had this story in the back of her mind? I dunno but it’s definitely possible. People do stupid, stupid things all the time.

The case right before this one on CourtTV was about someone who previously worked in a CSI crime lab and she killed someone with a clear paper trail for motive and then did a shabby job of hiding the evidence. Complete with her burying the body on like her Uncle’s farm.

The same jury that was praised for finding her guilty in the first place of murder is now condemned for showing some mercy as well? It seems like it was a fair trial with a fairly-picked jury. So this jury – minority white by the way – did seem to believe that Amber actually thought she was in her own apartment, but didn’t think that her belief was reasonable. It seems prudent to give the benefit of the doubt to jurors who sat through a week long trial and were willing to hold her accountable for killing Jean in the first place. They did think there were enough mitigating factors to be somewhat merciful, and maybe they’re right.

I don’t think she’s a threat to society moving forward.

Her serving at least 8 years seems like it would be fair for society and to serve as something of a deterrent. I imagine she’s going to be out much sooner, but I don’t know how that works in Texas.

I think I read that she will be eligible for parole in 5 years.

And I’d snap bet she’ll get that.

The jury likely gave her credit for being a police officer instead of holding it against her.

Plus the judge allowed for stand your ground to be brought up in a case where it was not applicable by law.

No I am not going to credit the jury for only giving her ten years. They were wrong.

I’m not commenting on that. Keed was the one saying that.

Just from a practical standpoint, 8 years was what I was hoping she’d serve. I thought she’d be found not guilty.

Ideally she’d serve life. You don’t just get to willy nilly fucking kill people. Fuck her.

1 Like

Yeah, I was like Mattel isn’t the knock off one, the gray one is. My friends had the Mattel one and I was jealous.

1 Like

Yeah this is definitely one of the more disturbing videos I’ve ever seen. Truly awful.