Expenditures

3 Likes

My honest and semi-professional recommendation is to just do the upgrade. We can afford it, apparently, and delaying it could leave you open to some bullshit attack or other unforeseen event that just happens at the worst possible time (it always does).

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently going back and forth on this. Iā€™ll make a decision one way or another before Sunday.

Iā€™ve changed my mind 6 different times in the past hour and written 2 complete posts that I then deleted. I guess if Iā€™m that on the fence then the safe play is to upgrade. Iā€™m like 90% sure weā€™ll be fine without doing it, but I donā€™t want everybody yelling at me if the 10% hits instead.

@spidercrab imma make it rain in the server room tomorrow morning.

asdf

7 Likes

Definitely. When this site first started, it was the live thread of the July 2019 primary debates that really sold a lot of people (including me) of how much better this place was.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve paid no attention to this but upgrading for the first debate if we have the cash on hand seems wise.

Weā€™re also drawing very live to server-overloading news on a daily basis from now through Inauguration Day.

We are now officially over-provisioned. Yā€™all better start using the crap out of the forum to justify the upgrade.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Presumably this means quoting every post youā€™re responding to - glad to have you on Team Quote!

1 Like

EasygoingBiodegradableAidi-max-1mb

Well done to the provisioning department.

Is the upgraded server able to handle that level of abuse? When I take my next two outer Iā€™m happy to put it to the test.

Well, itā€™s virtual, so itā€™s going to be hard to make contact.

So I have to just yell at the sky?

Thanks for the upgrade. You can always scale it back later if utilization is really low. Thatā€™s the beauty of cloud provisioning.

1 Like

That warning is way too trigger happy. I had tamed it a bit before, but it reverted back on the most recent update.

Serverā€™s actually doing fine, but this is definitely the most traffic weā€™ve ever had at once. Weā€™re serving up 1 page view every second.

5 Likes

MORE

First hour stats:

1 Like

Been ā€œlogged outā€ 3 times

Like I said above, itā€™s not the server itā€™s the forum software having a hair trigger for that. I can adjust those settings, but Iā€™d need to restart the forum to do it.

1 Like