Everyone's out of step but me - Cactus's Covid Appreciation Thread

Why the fuck do you not wear it on the floor then? What fucking sense does that make? This shit passes through the breath and you are breathing heaviest when working out on the floor

What the fuckedy fucking fuck.

10 Likes

Instead of mindlessly name calling, how about taking a sec to think about what youā€™re saying? People are supposed to worry about not exposing other people who knowingly and willingly put themselves in positions of being exposed? Thatā€™s ridiculous

Like I said, Iā€™m all for mandating masks and lockdowns (if the people who lose their paychecks are taken care of). But if youā€™re gonna open shit up, you canā€™t tell people what to do. Your fight is with federal and local politicians. Not with people like me who arenā€™t worried about coronavirus. I do everything in my power to protect anyone who might be vulnerable around me. I havenā€™t seen some family members in months just out of precaution. So donā€™t tell me or others what we should be scared of or how to live our lives you miserable POS

lol donā€™t get too mad, wouldnā€™t want you shooting someone

also good to know you keep the gym employees safe by breathing your hot as breath everywhere while in there, hope the hospitals in your area are doing good or else all the people not worried about it like you might overrun those too

1 Like

I think the backlash is from him being mad at his GF because she didnā€™t care about him going back to the office.

BuT hE sToPpEd GoInG tO tHe GyM tWo WeEkS aGo

2 Likes

Because Iā€™m not worried about getting it and itā€™s safe to assume no one else there is either. The people who work there might not be there voluntarily (or are forced by needing a paycheck), so I think itā€™s incumbent upon people to consider their safety

When a cogent argument cannot be found, bring up a straw man not just from the past, but an entirely different topic and thread! :rofl: :joy:

Request to move Cactus derail to a containment thread. I think weā€™ve all reached the consensus that Cactus is being an idiot when it comes to Covid. Not sure thereā€™s anything left to discuss.

Can we get back to discussing how difficult it is to transport vaccines at -80c?

7 Likes

Contact the other people who will be at the meeting, tell them what symptoms your girlfriend is having, and ask them if they feel comfortable with you coming in.

Folks. Cactus feels like he had some unwritten or implied agreement with his girlfriend on what was acceptable risk. He wants us to agree with him that his girlfriend was stupid and inconsiderate. He probably doesnā€™t want us to examine what kind of person chooses to be in a relationship with someone that stupid and inconsiderate.

Why do you care if I or anyone else gets covid as along as we are taking every precaution possible to protect others who do care if they get it?

This should be used as some psychiatric social media dysfunction experiment that my responsibility is being flamed when I mentioned my company had me come in today KNOWING Iā€™ve been exposed and am living with someone who tested positive. WTF?! I think thatā€™s the height of irresponsibility. And I am still one of only two people in an office of about 35 people wearing a mask smh

You arenā€™t taking those precautions though

5 Likes

Not exactly. I think she shouldā€™ve been more considerate of my job and the people I work with. Since March, weā€™ve both been working from home. If I had learned she would be starting to go into work in two weeks, I wouldā€™ve completely quarantined so that she could go to work without exposing those at her workplace. No idea why thatā€™s so hard to understand

Have you been to a grocery store in the last 8 months? What about the health care workers who have to potentially take care of you and the others pozzed at the gym? Are you protecting them?

It seems like you still donā€™t have a clue how this works. Your actions donā€™t just affect you and there is no way you can engage in risky behavior AND ā€œtake every precaution possible to protect others who do care if they get itā€. I would respect you more if you just acknowledged reality and said that you thought the benefit you got from the gym outweighed the obvious costs to others.

6 Likes

Provide evidence that she is smart and considerate enough to think ahead and do something like that for you. All we have to go on is that she goes to the gym regularly and took a trip to NY that involved going to bars. (Some people might consider her being with you to be an additional data point about her judgment, but I donā€™t.)

Based on that, it seems like you are lolbad at reading your girlfriend as someone who is capable of doing what you claim you would have done if the situation was reversed.

Maybe I donā€™t get it. Explain the cost to others. I wear a mask literally everywhere I go unless Iā€™m with others who donā€™t care if they get it. If I attend a rally, I wear a mask. I wear a mask inside stores and leave it on walking to my car. I donā€™t see or make contact with ANYONE who cares about getting it or might be at high risk if they do get it. What else can I do? If you donā€™t want gyms, bars, and restaurants open then your beef is with those who make the decision to open them. Not me. I personally think we should shut down and give stimulus to those who are put out of work

Working out maskless in a gym is an extremely high risk activity. It literally doesnā€™t matter at all if you are only there with other people who donā€™t care if they contract the virus. You and those people are dramatically increasing your Covid risk and that ultimately negatively affects people who arenā€™t signing up for pozz parties at the gym like essential workers (grocery store workers) and healthcare workers. That is an externality to your behavior that you donā€™t seem to care about at all because you and the other gym members donā€™t have to actually bear the cost of it.

3 Likes

No. Our beef is with you

As a member of this forum you should know better.

2 Likes

Dude. Weā€™re both in our early 20s. Sheā€™s the sweetest person Iā€™ve ever met. I just think it was a little selfish and immature for her to go (and particularly to go to bars) and not consider my job or the people I work with when she knew I was trying to quarantine

So how do you not get that it is a little selfish and immature for you to go (and particularly to go to the gym maskless) and not consider all of the people that will negatively affect?

2 Likes

This derail gave me AIDS.

2 Likes