English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Probably will settle around 8-15 in the league. Depends on if you think that’s not good enough to watch.

1 Like

Didn’t watch Leeds but a win against wolves is a damn good result considering where they were last season.

Aaronson keeps on doing way better than I thought he would. My read on him has always been that he’s a try hard type player that won’t translate to higher competition… that doesn’t seem legit. He may be a legit really good front line presser.

1 Like

I used to follow Bayern a lot. Buddy and I used play with them in FIFA years ago and they just stuck. Haven’t followed them as closely since I work weekends now but they’re the closest thing to a football team that I root for

https://twitter.com/caley_graphics/status/1555948559417196544?s=21&t=dVZEdDfvR6CKjbHFXkEBtg

1 Like

let’s hope so, boss. WC about 100 days out! hype!

Puli playing left out for Chelsea

1 Like

I wouldn’t be high on Leeds not being in the relegation battle yet. Their main problem last year was Philips being hurt, who they have since sold and not replaced.

There problems were far more than that, and they signed Adams.

I like Adams but see him way more as an 8 than a 6.

Adams is very much a 6, especially at the club level. He’d flex into a more attacking spot for the USMNT once in awhile, but he was mainly a CDM type. Used to play RB quite a bit too.

I more meant he can’t play as a lone 6, because there are like 8 guys in Europe who can. He’s fine in a double pivot but can’t do what Philips, Fabinho, Partey, Rodri etc do.

Yeah he’s excellent on defense, up with the best of them, but his on ball performance leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn’t have the ability to play advanced or solo 6.

Feyenoord and Liverpool fan but rarely watch anymore these days. Match times are just awful living in Sydney. A league in Australia is terrible to watch.

2 Likes

Just waking up, but LOL Man United. I like Eriksen though obviously.

Was really surprised to see how many teams wanted him given how his run ended at spurs

1. Love the new piss-yellow jerseys on man city

2. How come west ham fans aren’t Hamheads? With big foam roasted hams as hats, the way green Bay fans wear cheese. Huge missed opportunity for the hammies

Braut gonna score a million goals this year.

Man city is so good at everything it’s so annoying

2 Likes

They scored 99 goals last season without a #9 and now they have the best #9 prospect in recent history. Once he perfects the header (and if he can stay healthy. Big if.) it’s over.

Tottenham top of the table WIRE TO WIRE

Doing everything they can to make Halland feel comfortable in his new spot, including playing in yellow and black on their first game. Games gone.

2 Likes

Late reply but yeah I’d always assumed the 2p2 Spurs fandom was not wanting to appear too bandwagoney while also not having to support Wigan or something. The Dempsey thing is weird, no Australians support Everton (Tim Cahill) or Leeds (Viduka, Harry Kewell).