English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

so this Chelsea match is the previous year’s champions league winner and UEFA cup winner? or whatever the 2nd tier euro club competition is.

UEFA cup no more a long time, but yeah.

Great game to open the premiership season. And what a great story - The Bees!

Tottenham look organized. Weird to see them with a coherent tactical plan. The 4-3-2-1 to deny the middle to City… makes sense? Fuckin weird man.

Anyone have a good understanding of how the Champs/Europa League coefficient points work to decide rankings for each league?

Right now, top 4 is England/Spain/Italy/Germany, and all 4 receive 4 UCL spots. My hope is that France can one day snipe one of those spots from Italy or Germany. Longshot yes, but maybe QSG can finally ship UCL and maybe Lyon makes a deep Europa League run, and things get interesting.

With that in mind. My question is regarding Monaco. They have a match tomorrow, win by enough and advance to UCL, fail and go to UEL. However, it seems like points awarded in UEL are actually not that much worse than they are for UCL. So if you didn’t care specifically about Monaco, which route do you think would be better for Ligue 1? Europa League, and maybe they can run deep and bag some points or is UCL always better for the extra mobniez and prestige it brings?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Men’s_Association_coefficient

1 Like

Real Madrid LMAO.

3 Likes

Barcelona LMAO.

What did our resident Celtic fans think of the best U20 player in the world today? Florian Wirtz can’t stop scoring.

big win for tottenham today! when it comes to managers I’m an overall believer in the baids theorem, but conte was just what this team needed, if nothing else he’s defibrillated the culture and the weather around spurs that had been degenerating for three years i.e. for months even before their CL final

2 Likes

How did I do?

Watching Inter/Liverpool

Man people really fucking hate Milan. It’s like how Americans see New York. You either hate New York or you live there.

Not really. Been largely irrelevant for a decade

He’s talking about the city.

all headers today in Chelsea v Real Madrid

Chelsea getting it all wrong… again!

1 Like

Anyone want to tell me what I’m supposed to think of Ten Hag. Good hire? Great hire? Terrible hire?

I dont think the best hire in the world matters with the ownership/backroom issues at United.

You also only have maybe 2 good players who want to stay.

I dont know how you fix that team in under 3 years, and they have a higher wage bill than City and Pool. It’s a complete mess.

Still, dodging Poch is a plus.

Yeah, it seems to be where good players go to turn to shit. I don’t know how the heck they are supposed to unfuck themselves. Makes you really appreciate Sir Alex even more.