English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Seems like restrictive practice and that’s not in anyone’s interest (apart from the agents).

That Joorabchian fucker had a similar arrangement with the previous management fuckers at AFC. That’s how we ended up with Willian on a huge long deal lol.

These days clubs use companies like statsbomb and others over paying tons of scouts to go watch matches. That has a use, but you can pay a company like 50k to give you every analytic from every match a player has ever played vs spending tens of thousands for a scout to spend a few weeks in SA and watch 2 matches.

Ideally you’d pay those kinds of companies to identify your targets, then watch them in person etc but that’s for clubs with a ton of money.

BR was the outlier, ill not be buying anything this season or until this board has been removed, email sent, I’ve had enough of the BS of the pre_season CL bullshit.

Fuck the board and all who supports them.

I’ve dutched France, Belgium and Italy, so that’s them jinxed.

Hi guys token Aussie here.

Postecoglou is easily the best manager I have seen an Australian level since Hiddink managed us for 6 months in 2006. Club or country.

I will elaborate more when I get the chance but as a general rule expect him to drop a bunch of older beloved players early (he did this in Brisbane with Craig Moore, Charlie Miller and Danny Tiatto in 2011) only to find some absolute studs from nowhere.

His previous success has come without the financial advantages of a team like Celtic in the SPL so will be fun to see what he can do.

FWIW Postecoglou Brisbane team 2012 is the best Australian club side ever assembled (while having to deal with salary cap restrictions) and he will play a good brand focused on ball retention and hard off ball running but it may take 10-20 games to see real results.

Hopefully he runs good early to make sure he gets the whole season and give him time to implement his vision.

1 Like

Listening to some pods over the last few days and OTB guy thinks Italy have a good chance + and this is a benifit have the easy side of the draw.

France V Italy Final is also my new prediction. So that’s them both fucked too. :man_facepalming:

No disrespect Ash, but this is Glasgow, we take no prisoners literally + we’re not exactly know for patience.

Alough to be fair, he can win our hearts but he ain’t got 20 days to do it nevermind 20 months.

Here’s the scenario, either were top going into and after the next them game or he’s facing down protests and he can’t hide here literally.

I dont love Italy to do well against good teams, but they barely have to.

Yup… I’ve lost on them before a few times in the past, feel like they could return something this time around, alough it’s just bragging rights this time.

:grinning:

:pray:

I’m laughing at tiny arms Pickford

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers/status/1410323430877110277

Hibs lol :rofl:

Pre-season. Give it a rest mate.

1 Like

I was just surprised to see it, alough Easter Rd is a tough ground to go to as the away team.

10 nobodies + Auba.

Basically a training game. We never even “used” to know/care these were happening but now we know too much.

Remember us drawing with non-league Barnet then finishing top 4 one year - that’s how much it means.

Yeah, I know, was just getting a laugh in as I hate hibs tbh and their fans :unamused:

Wouldn’t say a lot of nobody’s, only 3 youth players I’ve never heard of featured. Just blame it on Willian

:grimacing:

No laughter allowed tonight :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Which division are Preston in?