English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

The word gentleman was made for men like Jack.

1 Like

mongolia v japan and saudi arabia v palestine today. this is why world cup is great

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Celticnewsnow/status/1376980424891715585

1 Like

Scotland V Farao Islands :grimacing:

:see_no_evil:

3-0 easy gameā€¦

1 Like

The game of the night must be North Macedonia, well done boys. :ok_hand:

christ I wish Iā€™d watched that for the schadenfreude rather than the tedious England dirge.

Good lads.

2 Likes

Gotta fancy them at home now :blush:

Verdict on Eddie at CFC?

It was nice having him, we wish him well on his travels & think heā€™s destined for the top.

Edit: Do you think KT will stay with arsenal?

KTā€™s performance over the Scottish campaign has made some difference, heā€™s blown AR away these last few games leading upto the qualifying and has only improved again in the last 2 games.

The result on Wednesday was mostly due to KTā€™s performance on the left wing as a left full back again showing AR how to do it.

And since then thereā€™s been a lot of talk that he is good enough to move up again.

A future captain for a top team they think, he definitely has the ability to do so, just needs a bit more experience in the Premier & him with Van Dyke could be on.

You had me confused there. I meant Howe for Celtic.

KT will stay as long as Arsenal keep improving. His injury record isnā€™t great and has to be carefully managed and an understudy LB is a priority this summer. Heā€™s great but he wouldnā€™t suit teams who like their FBs to play inside and link up with the CMs instead of up and down the line.

Most of the podcasts & twitters seem to be happy & excited at the news, what can I say, tbh Iā€™m not sure, not sold so to say, but there seems to be reports of a director of football he likes & some decent money getting spoken about being available, all rumours atm though.

So much is about the fit between manager and club so I wouldnā€™t worry about the end of his time at Bournemouth. Even some of the best have failed somewhere eg Clough at Leeds and Brighton.

Unfortunately it also means that dross like Allardyce, Redknapp, Bruce and Pulis were able to use this and shift seamlessly from one failure to the next.

Richard Hughes is being touted as a possible director of football.

It takes a strong character to survive up here even with success and I guess that my only worry now.

Yeah Iā€™m impressed by his performance with Bournemouth in the lower divisions and such when he took them to 9th in the Premier league overall, never seen his teams though so only going off reports.

He tried to get Bournemouth to play in the modem, possession football, way. I think they were one of the first promoted teams not to resort to route 1 football.

But you do need technically able players to play that way, and maybe thatā€™s what went wrong there.

1 Like

I think if the basis of the team stays together, Macgreagor, Christie, turnbull, Ayer and julien coming back, with the outgoings he should have +30 million to spend & hopefully knows a few already.

Soro too.

Tierney is great, but what better team would pay 50+ for him? Heā€™s not playing in Spain for the big two. Bayern have two better LB. That leaves basically just city, Chelsea, United and pool.

Bournemouth spent worse than any recent club. They are in incredible debt and didnā€™t even have a strong squad. They spent well over a hundred million on a good championship squad.