English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Would you agree that technic can only take you so far?

I honestly think KT is in the same mold as Keene, Gerrard & Scholes in that their going to do everything to try to win.

I’m also sure he’s not stopped developing yet as a player & every game I see him play in he’s 1 off the best on the park, he’s always noticeable, vary rarely makes a mistake.

Sure. He’s great, just a throwback type of player.

Throwback type of player?

Ok… I guess he’s met his level then, I’ll take your word on this as I’m not as experienced in football as some here are.

Dam… I was going to watch the Arsenal game V Liverpool as I’m liking watching KT playing, I’ve never really supported a PL team but have moved from Liverpool to Man Utd to watching Leeds & back to no one in particular.

But the Falkirk games on, sad. :slightly_frowning_face:

His style is more akin to a Stuart Pearce style/era of top FB - very physical, put the ball past the last man and beat him to it to get a cross in, or hammer a shot - instead of intricate interplay with the MF.

He’s very good at this and his attitude and commitment are exemplary but possession-based teams tend to prefer the latter style. At Liverpool you could say Robertson is similar in style and TAA is much more like a modern FB who’s comfortable playing inside as well.

1 Like

Leipzig V Bayern M I settled for as its been talked up as the match to see on BT sport.

It’s started really well. :grin:

Which “bigger clubs?” Again, there are 7 clubs who pay higher wages than Arsenal. 4 of them he has a 0% chance of playing for, and chelsea/city/united seem very unlikely.

And as jalfrezi said, his style is reminiscent of stuff you just don’t see anymore. It’s not a bad thing.

What are the other 7?

I couldn’t find a recent list that had Arsenal at 8. I can think of 6 for sure (Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Man City, Man U), but what’s the 7th? Juve? Chelsea? Liverpool?

Edit: OK I read the rest of your post, must be Chelsea

I guess I forgot about PSG, but that is another club KT will never play for. Bellerin might go there this Summer though.

Effin Bairns :grin:

There lucky not to be 3-0 down by now, grith should have had 2 + a penalty alone :grimacing:

Lol@him playing for City.

Harry Maguire to Barca next?

How’s he fairing against Pool?

I dunno, when I heard that I was like “Yeah, for sure he’s not good enough” but the more I think about it is that he’s 100% committed to going to the top & City’s defence has been leaky in the past so KT may make pep consider it as he already ticks a lot of his boxes.

Pep knows he need the ruff & tumble to win at the top too + KT’s a very shrud player and gives out some good knocks etc.

(disappointed): Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea…

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1378401946432835585

because Liverpool is back, baby

2 Likes

i’m playing fifa ultimate team because i’m addicted to packs and i pulled Drogba and he crushes so hard i call it drogbaball now, not football

2 Likes

What? City have the best defense in Europe by a considerable margin. They’ve conceded 21 in 31.
Cancelo is their RB and has been maybe the best player in the PL this year. Their play goes through him. You can’t have a marauding LB when your play goes through your RB unless you change your whole system. Tierney is good, but not “Manchester city change their system around” good. He’s not even the best FB at Arsenal!

Arsenal were very bad today and well beaten, but that is the first time that’s happened since early December. Every other team bar City has had more frequent poor results of late.

1 Like

Very poor tonight, but to be expected because without Saka and ESR there’s no threats and Holding and Chambers aren’t anywhere near good enough in defence. Xhaka was also a big miss even though I’m not his greatest fan and selecting Ceballos, who knows he has no future, over Elneny was a mistake.

Remind me to really stick the boot in next time Celtic have a bad game lol.

1 Like

No one’s saying they’re any good lol. The fans are painfully aware of their position in the table, thanks. It hurts to be this bad and we don’t really want out noses rubbed in it so often.

People were much more understanding and empathetic with Celtic’s abject season.