English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

I think Bellerin is way, way better than Cedric but if a team like PSG offered 40m I get it.

lmao this is the content i want

1 Like

Wait, wat? Really? Why?

Bayern is apparently giving this kid a trial:

For reference, this is out of the USL, which is below MLS (no promotion pathway to the MLS either). Would be wilder than Davies going from MLS to Bayern.

It was covered in The Great C Word Wars but its meaning here is indivisible from calling someone a s*****c.

It’s probably the worst thing you could say here in the UK.

1 Like

I’ll avoid it in the future because it’s dickish not to but it’s weird because it has none of the same connotations stateside.

1 Like

It’s almost as if the word c**t could also have a different meaning in other countries to the US. Weird!

1 Like

Sure! But only an asshole would insist on saying those things when it annoys other people here.

That might well be true. It’s also true that only a real arsehole would think that’s what happened.

1 Like

I can’t watch that lot but their results under Tuchel are alarmingly good. Let’s hope he self-combusts as he has before.

Also, shows what a puffed-up prat Lampard is.

Nah. He underachieved at Derby and the same at Chelsea. I mean, look at their play and results under Tuchel with the same players.

He overachieved as a player at Chelsea because he was surrounded by expensive destructive attackers (Drgoba, Robben etc) and a rock sold defence behind him.

Internationally he was a huge flop despite taking pot-shot after pot-shot in a desperate bid to score.

Chelsea not playing Pulisic cuz they’re scared America is going to win the next WC?

I can see we’ll have to agree to differ about this lol, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back. if there’s one person who’ll never be convinced how overrated he is it’s Lampard himself.

I still say overrated. If that’s true you need to explain the vast discrepancy between his domestic and international records.

Anyone can trail into the penalty area while Drogba’s smashed it open and stick a rebound into a semi open goal (often off someone’s arse).

I don’t agree the England players were that great. Gerard, Scholes and Cole yes, young Rooney yes, but the rest were either past it (Beckham) and poor old Scholes retired early after being stuck on the left. There wasn’t much invention which is why they struggled to break down stubborn second rate teams eg Tunisia.

I don’t get your line here.

On the one hand he was a great MF because of his record at Chelsea, but on the other hand he was still great despite a terrible record for England?

My line is he was 100% dependent on the players around him to do all the clever stuff, as evidenced by his poor performances when they weren’t there.

Compare with say Robson, who played in a much worse England team, but dragged the team through game after game scoring loads of vital goals as a MF., or Gerrard.

Yes, that’s my line. Overrated.

Excellent goal scoring midfielder by day, above average footballer for his time by night.

Pulisic is at his best as a left sided attacking player, and chelsea’s formation doesn’t emphasize that position as much. Also have a lot of really good players

Been frustrating to watch him do well over the summer, get hurt because of playing too much, and not being able to get back in the squad.