English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

I fucking loved making fun of lampard, especially at the end of his career.

I’m with marty here.

Also, lol gerrard

No one who knows anything about football thinks Lampard > Gerrard (apart from some CFC fans), so I assume you’re not suggesting that.

i just like making fun of gerrard too. That red card is hilarious.

Got to have some respect for his love for his boyhood club when rejecting the move to Chelsea for megabucks.

No respect at all for attacking a barman. Should have gone to jail.

1 Like

Agreed.

We’re with Xavi who called Scholes the best MF anywhere of that generation.

England had fanboi Sven who didn’t have the balls to drop Fat Frank.

Let me know if Chelsea look like going out so I can watch it.

Club of wankers owned by a wanker.

I’m gonna stick my nose in and say Gerard and Lampard were both ridiculously overated.

I’m also firmly of the belief that Beckham is underated and was by far the best player of the so called Golden Generation

Tell me more?

I’m with you on Beckham, him and Scholes stood out for me, as did Wayne Rooney, as a kid he was superb.

I think slippy was & I hate to say it an exceptionally determined footballer, who never flinched against the best, and that’s a talent in itself tbh.

Scholes underrated
Beckham appropriately rated
Lampard overrated

While we’re on the topic of Chelsea midfielders I’ll add Makelele underrated. But this is such a common take, that maybe he is now appropriately rated.

Yeah this, with the proviso that once Beckham lost his pace his ability to get past the FB was gone (no tricks ldo) and his value decreased greatly.

Isn’t that what happened? He got trolled by the United supporting barman who refused to let him play his shit music, so launched a physical assault on him (as you do).

I couldn’t remember if I’d heard the story before, yeah that seems correct for my recollection.

:+1:

Now with 5 goals in his past 7 matches (452 minutes). 1 goal per 90 is good right?

Fancy Milan to go though tonight, probably watch it too… :eyes: Hopefully it’ll not be as boring usual.

Don’t rain on my parade, despite not seeing him outside of highlights I’m sure he’s elite.

(It’s just nice to see a guy who was in MLS take some significant steps forward by doing well on loan in the championship. Maybe he can use this for a PL transfer. Regardless, it’s a position the USMNT is desperate for depth in)

I know you’re not trying to, just messing around.

Altidore never played in the championship. He did well in the eredivisie. Sunderland were awful when he was there, he never really even got the ball. Still was a lower tier PL striker at best, probably not PL level when he was healthy.

1 Like

Good chance for some LOL spurs right now

called it

1 Like