English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Think this might get overturned

We donā€™t have scouts any more because we sacked them when Sanllehi decided to go all in on agents and contacts lol.

And amazingly all the terrible and expensive players we/ve signed have come from the same agent.

With Sanllehi sacked (good) and the scouting network I donā€™t know how we identify the players we need.

A week ago on 2p2 one of the Pool posters said Tierney was not a PL quality player lol

Cutting scouts is fine imo, paying 40 people to travel and watch games in 2021 because thatā€™s how youā€™ve always done things is silly. Data/video are more than sufficient for most cases.

The rule change was that you had to be making an attempt on the ball. So if you just tug a guy from behind or something youā€™re still fucked but a keeper making an honest challenge isnā€™t supposed to be sent off anymore.

I think the world of Tierney, but heā€™s not going to end up playing for City, Bayern, Madrid etc so his value isnā€™t much higher imo.

Saka and possibly ESR.

Cancelo is better than Tierney and cost 60m. Bayern have the best LB in Europe and heā€™s 19. A player like Tierney just doesnā€™t go to Bayern or Madrid. Heā€™s better than Luke Shaw, sure.

Heā€™s our most consistent player because of his attitude. Probably would only put Saka, Partey and Auba ahead of him in terms of ability.

Saka, Leno and Tierney have been the ones good every week.

Willian has been our most consistent player this season.

Consistently shit.

Saka is worth like, an insane amount of money right now. Heā€™s English and performing at an elite level as a teenager. Dortmund wanted ā‚¬120 million for Sancho. Arsenal would value Saka close to that.

A bit, my point is that United are the only club who would spend 35-40m on a FB that would be interested in Tierney and they could get someone better.

Iā€™d love them to sign Traore and try him there, him and AWB would be hilarious. Two absolutely jacked FB.

Tierneyā€™s all round game is very good (though not elite yet), but what sets him apart from his peers and most of the players at the club is his mentality.

4 nil up at West Brom and in the 91st minute he was still bombing on down the left, trying to create something.

Even I was hoping at that point heā€™d just take a breather and look after himself lol.

His attitude is exemplary. He puts a lie to the otherwise truism that modern footballers are spoiled brats.

6m gets you an average championship player today. Its basically impossible to get a starting top flight player for that.

The recent politics stuff from this weekend?

@marty team news is outā€¦

16 players and managers out, so farā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

#amateurs

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1348699183549702147

Thought I would put the Newcastle game on in the background as i am ostensibly still at work. Weā€™ve got 5 at the back and 3 holding midfielders against the might of Sheff U and their 2 points this evening.

Not really providing much of a distraction Iā€™ll be honest

2 Likes

Mostly true, though Pool did sack him. And Chelsea are predictable and turgid shit a lot of the time. And no one has achieved much consistency this season in the PL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1351967784004157449?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Toughest fixture all season, letā€™s see If we can get a win for once at the Tony Maccaroni and see if these boys have any fight left as by all accounts it could be lennys last game, all rumours Ofcourse.

Wrt Rodgersā€¦ His record is as good as it gets without having the major funds + the right club name behind him, overall thereā€™s only 2 managers in the PL with more cred and stardom than Brendon, clubs could do a whole lot worse than employing him.