English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

i mean considering nothing can be done according to laliga about fans hurling racial abuse at black players like Vini every other game, but they need to hire lip reading experts to investigate bellingham, LaLiga must think it’s bad.

i didn’t realize he was back. stats look pretty decent for all the time he missed.

Is he a rapist though?

there’s certainly enough evidence that a reasonable person could form their own opinion that he’s a rapist.

Anyone know when World Cup Tickets are typically available? Also tips on the best ways to get them would be great. Since there will be games in the US, I figure I should attempt to make it to at least one and check it off the bucket list.

idk for sure, but they have this registration up

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/mens/worldcup/canadamexicousa2026/register-interest

1 Like

I need to whine.

Everything I read for Fulham said that I needed to have a membership in order to buy tickets. So in November I bought memberships for the three of us, 130 pounds total.

Planning to go to the April 20th match against Liverpool. I have been checking, testing, buying tickets since then, everything works out, I can log in and always have the option to buy tickets. Even matches against big clubs.

Until - I saw that there’s a match against Newcastle April 6th. I cannot buy tickets for that match. It says Restricted, and the details say to buy tickets you must have a Membership AND a previous booking history.

The Liverpool tickets aren’t available yet, so I emailed the ticket office asking if it’ll be the same deal as Newcastle, and they said yes. “Unfortunately, this match will only go on sale to season ticket holders, qualifying members and those who have previously purchased tickets.” Nothing ever mentioned that in my research, maybe I’m dumb and I missed something, or maybe this is new as they’ve had some success and the weather is getting better. Asking how to be a qualifying member, I might have to buy a shirt online and subscribe to their streaming service, even that might not be enough. There’s an away match against Sheffield United, I asked if I’ll be a qualifying member if I buy tickets to that match and don’t attend.

I understand wanting to keep tickets for their real fans, but man, I’m going to be ticked if I bought 130 pounds worth of memberships and I’m frozen out, and nothing ever mentioned I wouldn’t be able to buy.

2 Likes

It sucks but I think this is pretty much the way it is now. If you were West Ham you may have a chance but every other London club, even Palace, is way over subscribed. Leeds have a similar policy that you have to buy a membership but it in no way guarantees you tickets just that you’ll be put in the hat for the ones that aren’t already accounted for.

1 Like

How does streaming work for European football? What I mean is say you were a Fulham fan living in Poland or Portugal. Would you be able to purchase a streaming service to see all of their league matches? Or would some games be on different services so purchasing only one service would not allow you to stream all games?

The guy at the Ticket Office implied that subscribing to their streaming service, FFCtv, would help establish me as a backer, so I did that. It looks like the app has live audio, and then you can watch the full matches after they’re over.

I called the ticket office today, and the guy there told me they haven’t decided yet on if Liverpool tickets will go only to members with backing history, or all members. The email I got on Friday seemed like they have decided, and it’s backing history, but I guess there’s still a chance. The guy I talked to was firm on no call, but maybe he’s just not plugged in.

He told me that if I buy an away match, that will count as booking history (“One game or a hundred games, it doesn’t matter.”. So I may just buy the tickets for the 30th away game at Sheffield United (if anyone wants to go, I’ll give you my tickets!). 2 adults and one junior it’s $95. If that still leaves me locked out, I’ll have been soaked for ~$300 without being able to buy tickets (I ordered a shirt from their pro shop, in the hopes that would help).

If this doesn’t work, the team will be dead to me. I watched Saturday’s match against Tottenham and kept whining to my wife about how disappointed I’ll be if we can’t go. I totally understand why they do it this way, I’m just a whiny baby about being caught on the wrong side of it. !

Premium and Hospitality tickets are sold out, anyway. Hospitality was outside my budget (it was like $500ea), but I guess I should have just bought the $300 premium when I had the chance and saved myself all this hassle.

I think it worked - I can buy Newcastle tickets now. I was frozen out previously.

Or, Newcastle isn’t selling well, and they opened it up. But I think the away ticket purchase might have done it.

Now I need to get up at 5am the next few days, for when the Liverpool tickets go on sale. If another hurdle gets put in front of me, I’ll lose it.

Do the seats you buy come with a row/number or just a general area?

Both the away tickets that I bought, and the home tickets I want to buy, should have specific seats. I think there are some stadiums that might have general admission areas, but these are specific.

1 Like

England generally got away from GA bleacher style seating after some disasters caused by crowd crush along with other fan issues.

“When one attends a Premier League match, you have an allocated seat. Every stadium, by law, must have a seat for everyone in attendance. This came into effect after the Taylor Report was published in 1990 and standing areas in England’s top-flight were abolished. It’s a significant change that has shaped the modern era of English soccer.”

1 Like

Is the interface like TicketMaster/StubHub where you can pick a seat or do you get assigned seats after buying?

The Fulham interface is like Ticketmaster circa 2008. You can pick specific seats and sections, but it’s not the prettiest / user friendly. It’ll show a rough idea of the view from the seat as well.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the story. I can’t decide whether this system is lolwtf clown shoes or brilliant. There really is no second hand EPL ticket market?

scalping is illegal in England and most of Europe so no.

I’m the same. I’m frustrated by the process, but I get it. Definitely will result in a better homeside crowd, and I’m sure the long time Fulham fans appreciate it. They also check your purchase history to see if you’re only buying tickets to one club. For example, if you have a purchase history, but it’s ONLY for Fulham-Newcastle games, you can’t buy a ticket to the upcoming Newcastle game, because they’re suspicious of you. You must have attended a prior Fulham game against a different club.

More popular teams are even more difficult. I briefly wondered it if would be easier to get a Liverpool away ticket - it is not. To buy a Liverpool ticket to the Fulham match, you must have attended 8+ prior away games pretty recently (might have been just this season, I’m not certain though).

I did some research on this, there are definitely some people online who claim they’ve had success with certain sites, but I don’t know if those are astroturf reviews. There are also people who report it’s all scams - that the same tickets get sold multiple times and the first person to arrive gets to use them. And, I think, the tickets that are generally available are premium/hospitality, so already pretty expensive. There’s a stubhub international site that has some good reviews, but it’s not affiliated with the US Stubhub as far as I can tell.

There is a re-sale market on the Fulham site, I think teams keep it in-house, but I think it’s face value and there doesn’t seem to be much for sale. I’ve checked it a few times and never seen a single ticket for sale, but it could be that I am restricted, so can’t see it.

There’s also no way for me to know exactly when the tickets will release to sale. They go on sale at some point within 6 weeks of the match. We’re a little over 4 weeks away now, still not on sale. They don’t seem to announce it ahead of time - they just post something at 10am London time that tickets are available, and off you go. I asked them on the phone yesterday when they would release and they wouldn’t tell me.

I didn’t realize London doesn’t have daylight savings spring forward, so they’re just 4 hours ahead, I could have got up at 6.

I have to laugh at myself…

The guy I spoke with via email on Friday, who suggested that subscribing to the streaming and buying from the team store might work for a booking history, he replied to me today and said if I did those things, he’d get me some tickets, so the away tickets were purchased unnecessarily.

BUT. He mentioned that tickets are not for sale because they haven’t finalized the date of the match yet. I’m an absolute dummy - of course they might move the match around.

Liverpool has a Thursday the 18th Europa League match against Atalanta. Hopefully they’re just talking about moving the Fulham match to either Sunday the 21st or Monday the 22nd, those would both be fine. Tuesday or later would suck.

Liverpool is out of the FA cup, but maybe they’re trying to schedule it around the Semis? No Premiere League match is scheduled for 21st or 22nd.

lol me. This thing is gonna get pushed to May.

2 Likes