English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Haaland most likable athlete?

Not close.

Jude?

mitoma. i hate brighton and still like mitoma and cheer for him.

i will say i enjoy watching mount and havertz struggleā€¦ lol

lol Chelsea

I agonized over this decision - @Jalfrezi and @Krayz made a good argument for Fulham - itā€™s in an area of London where thereā€™s stuff weā€™ll want to do on the trip, so we can knock out some sightseeing earlier in the day and slowly amble toward Craven Cottage. I just didnā€™t want to attend a home game and get a blowout by the away team, and the fact that Fulham was barely scoring goals didnā€™t help. But on Nov 16th I made the call and bought us Fulham memberships. 3-0-1 since with 16 goals, Iā€™ve caught every match so I guess Iā€™m a Fulham backer now. Hopefully they can keep it up through April and at least make that Liverpool match close.

The membership thing absolutely makes sense, but it took me some time to wrap my mind around paying 130 pounds just to later buy tickets, too.

1 Like

is this a lifetime membership or annual? do you buy seats only by section or a specific row/number?

Itā€™s an annual membership, like 50 pounds for an adult and 30 for a kid. Everything I read said there was really no sure way to get around it and make sure I could attend.

The tickets are specific seats, at least in all the sections Iā€™ve looked at. I havenā€™t bought them yet - thatā€™s the other interesting thing, Iā€™m sure other folks already know, but they donā€™t release tickets months ahead of the matches. I have to wait until maybe March to actually buy tickets.

the alternative would have been hospitality tickets but probably very expensive for Liverpool.

1 Like

Yeah, someone mentioned that when I first posted - itā€™s like $500/ea for that match. They also have what they call ā€œpremiumā€ seating for 320 pounds each that I can buy now, but from talking with the ticket office, I think I can get in on some normal tickets. Going to try and be on right when they get released.

1 Like
2 Likes

just wanted to pop and and say fuck chelsea :man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be posting here more, ynwa ofc. Betting +72u so far. FPL rank 3M. Nevertheless,

1 Like

Klopp leaving makes me miss him already. Thankfully team looks great even without Salah. Alonso would be a great fit, Iā€™ll use my one time here.

Just praying they donā€™t end up cycling through managers every couple years again while finishing 4-9th each year.

Timing of the announcement seems weird if they donā€™t announce next manager shortly. Luckily Ancelotti renewned his contract in Real. Bayern would be the most boring choice for Alonso. Leverkusen plays absolutely nice football, letā€™s see if they can go unbeaten the whole season.

Anecdotelli would be a great italian last name

jude bellingham allegedly called mason greenwood a rapist mid game in laliga and the cameras caught it.

getafe is also apparently petitioning laliga to punish bellingham.

Is that bad? Calling a rapist one to his face.