English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

jinx worked

Beauty VAR moment ruling out Diaz’s goal. Then not reviewing a foul in the box a minute after Tottenham went up 1-0.

seems like someone had a wager on spurs.

No, sarcasm. Liverpool fan.

no, i mean the VAR people.

The VAR officials were dropped from future matches… does that mean they are suspended a few weeks or fired?

That first POOL goal couldn’t have been offsides. What do they do now?

that offside was brutal. and the explanation that the booth was confused on what was awarded on the field just doesn’t fly, man. there was 1 game going on at the time. what were the booth people doing other than watching the one game?..

i thought the curtis jones red card was a red in today’s game. it was much more red card than the malo gusto one for chelsea last week, so if that was red this was obvious going to be red.

Both reds for POOL were legit red cards.

Is there an article about the VAR from yesterday or the suspension?

The first yellow on Jota was bs

It has now turned out that the entire VAR team were reffing in the UAE last week. Sales of tinfoil are now through the roof. PGMOL really don’t help themselves (or rather they do).

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1708443413828309417

Maybe so but games don’t turn on a bad yellow.

When you just got a yellow 90 seconds before it’s pretty low IQ to dive in at the next dude that runs by.

If it’s not a bag of money. How does someone miss a call that badly. They have infinite time.

Using naked eye. It’s clear as day he is on side

The refs in the PL have been substandard forever. Im not into any conspiracy, they are just bad at their jobs.

jones red was a yellow for me but totally get why others disagree and in today’s game I acknowledge it’s an orange trending towards red. But it’s a yellow for me. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer.

offside call was beyond belief; explanation almost makes it worse; how there aren’t clear protocols for that conversation is just dumb. I don’t buy conspiracy stuff at all here. Though my lifetime side pet peeve about announcers never talking about parallax rages on. Terrible mistake though.

Jota stuff, idk. The first yellow was soft but just because he accidentally contacted udogie doesn’t mean it’s not a foul. It’s still not a yellow for me, but it makes more sense considering jota specifically had been warned in the 50th minute (for another foul on udogie, who is awesome). And Jota’s second yellow is Jota’s problem, hey it might be on the softer side of yellow too but that’s a braindead choice by Jota if he’s already on a yellow.

even as a spurs fan it’s impossible to not feel for Matip at the end. But as a spurs fan winning was awesome, and every team (except brighton maybe?) has recently been on both sides of VAR fuckups

the real shame was that before the initial red the game was shaping up to be a total banger, the quality and atmosphere was sky high (and I’d wrangled a bunch of casual soccer fan neutrals to watch), so it was a bummer that one kind of memorable game got traded for a stupider kind of memorable game

Liverpool are terrific; not sure who’d I back to finish higher between liverpool and arsenal. Spurs are fun and it’s a relief to be on the right track but they’ve also been running hot and there are lots of ways they can come back to earth, for example if either Romero or VdV get hurt then they’re gonna start leaking points all over the place

1 Like

I think you have a very clear top 4 in city, pool, arsenal, newcastle but spurs have a shot if one kf the latter 3 run bad with results or injuries.

United and chelsea in serious trouble already.

Scott Fucking McTomminay!! Didn’t see that coming.

On the other hand here I am celebrating a win at Old Trafford against fucking Brentford. So, overall it’s quite sad really.

1 Like

olivier giroud with a save and a couple gathers as the Milan goalkeeper for 5 minutes or so after maignan straight red card.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/redstreamnet/status/1717262787917857191?t=OAjaa-CxF94JYoMRDp0AcA&s=19

1 Like