English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

“Man plans, and UEFA laughs.”

The official Liverpool second hand market.

I’m going to a crapto conference in April in Paris, and as luck may have it someone in our community is a PSG ultra and PSG is playing Barcelona that week in the Champions League QF. He got us tickets on secondary through supposedly reliable sellers, so I’m going to see my first proper high stakes football game ever, I’ve only ever been to a few competition games and an international friendly. From videos that my friend shared, the ultra section goes all out with flares and all sorts of crazy shit, so this is gonna be quite the unique experience.

3 Likes

Matt Damon on the Youtube wings eating show Hot Ones has a funny anecdote about going to a game in Argentina.

1 Like

“No wives, no children?”

1 Like

Well, I was able to buy tickets for Fulham-Liverpool - it was moved to the 21st. But the tickets went on sale at 9:30am London, not the 10am that was listed. I got on at 9:55am, and there weren’t three tickets together anywhere in the stadium. There weren’t even two tickets together anywhere.

Got good seats, and they’re close to each other (2 rows apart), but not sitting together is unfortunate - my own fault. I’ll keep a close eye on the Fulham ticket exchange, maybe we’ll get lucky.

Edit - another block of tickets went on sale, and there were 3 together, but I can’t buy them because I already bought tickets, and they’re max of 1 per membership, hah.

1 Like

We made it, but Fulham got smacked.

Had a great time. Sat with an incomprehensible Irishman, and in front of me was an old timer who appreciated me trying to learn the chants.

The Liverpool section was loud as hell, made us look like chumps.

6 Likes

I’m a Pool fan and I’m pretty much resigned to never seeing them play live.

What a letdown ffs, these last two weeks have been a nightmare as a Pool fan. Let’s try with a bald Dutchman next season, what could go possibly wrong?

Gotta root for Arsenal now… Never thought I would, but here we are. GL with Slot next season, hopefully he has a better transition from eredivisie to premier league than ETH did.

1 Like

Was surprised to see Liverpool go for Slot but then I read he will be head coach and not manager which limits his impact on transfers. He is a great coach but Dutch coaches have no idea how to buy high profile players.

Klopp has/had very little impact on transfers.
When Fenway Sports Group took over the team they used some kind of analytical software to determine transfers.

Saw a Messi brace. Missed an easy one for a hatty lol. Getting in and out of Gillette is the absolute worst. So many annoying kids too, maybe I’m a grumpy old man.

ETH is genuinely the worst coach in the league.

He started off well from what I remember, but yeah, it’s in shambles now. It’s too bad really, he did a great job at Ajax and Utrecht before that. My ManU mate is willing to give him another season though, but I doubt that’ll happen

Ive just never seen a club with money have this poor coaching in my life.

Every other team in the PL and even a top ~20 league in the world I can watch them play a few times then understand how they want to build up play. Any half ass coached team will have patterns they want to repeat and you can pick them up yourself quickly. United do not have this.

Every game all year is like this:
https://twitter.com/markstatsbot/status/1784251686892322907?t=g2VbSP10ZQImQh4sIo0Zzw&s=19

Multiple players just on top of each other. Absolutely insane distances between teammates

For comparison

https://twitter.com/markrstats/status/1777807093585895439?t=dzWQ_cseW-KV_Yx6WR8rEw&s=19

1 Like

Chelsea is pretty horrible as well.

chelsea’s injured starting 11 would definitely be a betting favorite over Chelsea’s current starting 11.

lots of repetitive injuries from that group. i dunno how many will ever reach prior form.

Chelsea have pretty decent numbers
Just bad finishing.
United have allowed the most shots of any team in a top 5 league in 2024.