English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Postecoglou to Spurs apparently on.

Fifth choice, we hear,

Finally dawning on Levy and Co that they blew their once in a generation gift of two top forwards and need to focus on getting into the europa League.

Lol spuds

definitely maybe but like I said in my bad long post last week Iā€™ve been rooting for Ange for two months. RIght guy right wrong time. Been watching him for a while mostly bc buddy is a big Celtic fan who is basically in love. Locker room is overrated but take it from a lifelong Cubs fan when your culture is as fucked as spurs right now then everything is doomed. Naglesmann and to a lesser degree Slot had Cool Guy TSO Conte vibes like they were doing spurs a favor by stooping to manage for them. It doesnā€™t even matter if they were right. Spurs might be weirdly profitable but theyve gotta get back to their garage band vibe on the pitch. Spurs fans who are still being snooty about Ange are going to be eating out of his palm by August. If it all goes to shit then I hope itā€™s a smashup. I love that they gave him four years. Fans that freak out when spurs have some horrible results in the fall are part of the problem. Of course the bigger problem is Levy if he doesnā€™t give Ange the keys. I hope they turn over half the team this summer. My worst take is that I havenā€™t completely given up on Ndombele. But am very ready to say thanks & au revoir to Dier, Winks, Hugo, Moura, Sanchez, Rodon, Lenglet, Tanganga, Perisic, and like ten others, in roughly that order. Dier is a great dude who is never ever going to work back there. Shake that fucking etch-a-sketch letā€™s go

2 Likes

I would be happy if we just got rid of Dire. Please no more.

1 Like

the dele / gary neville interview was meaningfulā€”tbh thatā€™s the kind of thing I usually watch the first few minutes of to get the atmosphere but then just read commentary / watch clips etc, but I watched the whole thing and there were parts (especially in the first half hour) that were legit body blows.

:heart: to dele & also to the innumerable kids who are going through similar or worse, who are not gifted with a 1 in 10,000,000 ability and weā€™ll never hear from but who are every bit as important. Go dele and up the toffees

3 Likes

ok harry kaneā€™s Hot Ones episode is a c-minus but iā€™m still there for it.

wrt HK summer drama: while he wouldā€™ve for sure gone to City if Levy didnā€™t stonewall it, this time I think heā€™s def staying at spurs (bc he sincerely wants a legacy, and itā€™s his childhood team, and now spurs are bringing in an attack-minded manager who inspires devotion, and not to mention that winning the bundesliga with bayern isnā€™t the move thatā€™s gonna shut up r/soccer haters). (That said, idk intricacies of salaries and FFP but Iā€™m very relieved that specifically united didnā€™t plunk down like 130MM because imo that couldā€™ve happened and wouldā€™ve really suited united). In short, itā€™ll be sickening if sir harry leaves on a free next year but Iā€™m ready to roll the dice

1 Like

This is Victor, taken in his stride! :vince1:

Gonna make a goal after this heat diminishes

Those T-posts, to 3 or 4" PVC for the verts

I already have the fun tool to drive T-posts

man I donā€™t know how anyone does anything in legit heat, was in hilton head last week for first time and it was a million degrees with a billion humidity and every time I tried to run I lasted six seconds. Meanwhile ten minutes away from us some poor woman got eaten alive by a motherfucking alligator. Apparently the dog she was walking got away from the ancient reptile and hightailed it home to tell the owners lassie style that unfavorable events had come to pass at the goddamn swamp

I wonder in the hx of humans how many different species of things have eaten us alive? a hundred maybe? idk Iā€™d have to think about it. But 200,000 years is such a long time. And man, forget sharks and tigers and the very deceptively named short-faced bears: hyenas can eat people. Pigs can eat people. There are species of fucking catfish that have eaten people. Iā€™ll bet itā€™s at least like a hundred maneating species. Obviously if weā€™re having a species eating contest then humans are streets ahead and have been running up the score for a long time, like my god there are probably fifty different species in any given hotdog that joey fucknut just polished off in his red white and blue professional deep throating contest

2 Likes

lol

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1686681289649164288

spoiler for non-xers: itā€™s a turkish ice cream man fake giving the ice cream to a patron 50 times in a row but harry kaneā€™s head is superimposed on the ice cream

1 Like

Kane just got sold for infinity bucks to Bayern apperently

Really? Kane gonna be the Karl Malone of football. I donā€™t think Bayern has enough to ship CL.

I guess he can comfort himself with a few lolBundesliga titles.

to spend 3 months on caicedo and bid 4 times to lose to pool is LOLchelsea, for sureā€¦

Caicedo saga is lols all arounds

$45m above initial offer. I guess the logic is that by hurting Liverpool they are more likely to get into Champions League? So it is worth it?

Iā€™m going to London in April, and I figured my wife and kid would go off and do something, and Iā€™d go to a Premier League match. Surprisingly, my wife who isnā€™t a sports fan at all is super hyped to go as well. Good surprise - I think it was Ted Lasso that did it.

Thereā€™s three games in London on the 20th -
Tottenham v Man City
Fulham v Liverpool
Crystal Palace v West Ham

I know enough to know that Tottenham/Man City is the best matchup (and probably the most expensive tickets), but do Fulham / Crystal Palace have cool stadiums / atmospheres that might give them boosts? It may also come down to where weā€™re going to stay - thatā€™s up in the air.

Any good sites you guys have used in the past to buy tickets? Iā€™ll try through the teams sites, but just in a glance it looks like they all have memberships that might be required to buy direct.

1 Like

Craven Cottage is a lovely ground on the river. Easy pick.

1 Like

If youā€™re American, Fulham has the best atmosphere. They have a long history of fantastic American players and they love US fans. McBride, Dempsey, Ream, Jedi, etc. As already mentioned Craven Cottage is a fantastic ground too.

Secondary market tickets on third party sites arenā€™t really a thing in the UK, you pretty much have to buy the memberships. Otherwise itā€™s almost assuredly a big risk.

1 Like

Itā€™s also in a much more interesting part of London than some of the shitholes you listed (well, one of them).

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Fulham has itā€™s charm, but this is snap Spurs/City for me. Yeah, itā€™s more expensive, but itā€™s a one off thing, right? Just go all out.