English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

I view Australia as a fairly similar team (though we are slightly worse) and would agree with the 19th/20th place finish. The squad rotations and multiple games a week completely kill you vs a one off tournament with a multi week lead up for nations like ours without the depth of Premier League teams (and the ability to fix them in January or loan spells)

Even beyond depth, first two things Iā€™m looking at for bad teams are: a consistent goal scorer and a good back line.

The USA just doesnā€™t have either, although if Balogun commits that could solve the problem at CF

Could but more likely wouldnā€™t imo. I like him but heā€™s too raw and Arsenal should sell to raise funds for better players imo, with a buyback.

USA#20

Also, stop taking a self-confessed immigrant hater like Elrazor seriously. You should see some of the disgraceful shit he posts in the UK thread over there.

I thought more would have them at the Championship level considering they have no goal scorer and MLS defenders beyond Tim Ream (old).

1 Like

They do have a midfield thatā€™s better than half the league.

They really donā€™t.

Leicester and Everton have much better midfields and almost certainly one will go down.

USA#20ā€™s best attribute is solidity but theyā€™d lose a lot more games than theyā€™d win.

Iā€™d be surprised if theyā€™d hit 30 goals in a season.

weā€™re staying up!. haha. 3 goals is at least a little momentum gainer.

Newcastle-Arsenal is a banger

2 Likes

How did I do?

The quote

"Hi guys token Aussie here.

Postecoglou is easily the best manager I have seen an Australian level since Hiddink managed us for 6 months in 2006. Club or country.

I will elaborate more when I get the chance but as a general rule expect him to drop a bunch of older beloved players early (he did this in Brisbane with Craig Moore, Charlie Miller and Danny Tiatto in 2011) only to find some absolute studs from nowhere.

His previous success has come without the financial advantages of a team like Celtic in the SPL so will be fun to see what he can do.

FWIW Postecoglou Brisbane team 2012 is the best Australian club side ever assembled (while having to deal with salary cap restrictions) and he will play a good brand focused on ball retention and hard off ball running but it may take 10-20 games to see real results.

Hopefully he runs good early to make sure he gets the whole season and give him time to implement his vision"

Man. Hope Everton and Molester city go down

Fuck yā€™all

Is there a champs league thread? Thought that was a borderline red on Carvajal, ref gave nothing.

city using 0 subs in 90 is pretty crazy.

City choking the cl, league and fa cup would be the greatest collapse in sports history. Please if thereā€™s any justice in the world let it happen.

1 Like

Problem solved

Helps, still curious how he develops and where he goes. Youā€™d want him to be better than say, Tammy long term.

Damn shame arsenal choked on balls the second half. Maybe next year

Meh, anyone who says that hasnā€™t watched us since the world cup.

With the injuries weā€™ve had itā€™s been a bang average team. +10 xGD in 2023, which I think is 4th in the league and barely above united/chelsea/Villa.

You have no evidence for that. Lacazetteā€™s scored a similar number of goals in League 1. The times Iā€™ve seen Balogun play the defences there have been terrible.