English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

City turning on the warp drive is the real narrative but Spuds fans be Spuds fans.

https://twitter.com/petejleonard/status/1651995302059028486

Don’t care arsenal choked on the ballz

1 Like

Y’all were down 3-1 to bottom table. That’s choking

Kind of, but arsenal haven’t been great in the entirety of 2023.

They were the best team with everyone healthy, minus a starter or 2-3 and they aren’t as good as a healthy Man City and the performances have shown that.

Only city can choke the title. They were the best team in the world and added the best striker in the world who’s going to shatter every goal scoring record in existence. City not winning would be the biggest choke in the history of sports to the second youngest team in the league no less. Any team who beats city needs to sun run beyond anything that’s reasonably possible by overperforming xg and getting no injuries. Liverpool were the second best team in the world for 5 years and won their only title in a season where no one got injured, and they ran 25 points over expectation. The only thing that’s really let peps city’s dominance not be more of a sore on world football is that real Madrid has champions league voodoo magic. The death star is fully operational and there’s no exhaust vent.

I wish arsenal had gotten the chance to play city in the first half of the season. I think that would of been their chance to get a result vs them.

what in the flying fuck at no red card for that head kick. That’s a red card at shin level, much less face level.

1 Like

I mean he got the ball and when contact was made his foot was stationary and the guy’s head was moving into the foot. Probably still red, but don’t think it’s 100% red by any means.

Getting the ball isn’t relevant. That’s a red card when you clatter into someone’s shin with your studs up like that. The face is worse

Studs to face = red card

1 Like

said this on the other site, but as a chelsea fan i have no idea what’s going on. how are auba, sterling, kovacic, ziyech getting minutes… should just send them home tbh…

we aren’t going to win another game, let’s just let the future players gel a bit…

There clearly isn’t a coherent plan between management and the coaching staff at any point since tuchel left.

Also, I wasn’t out of line on the other site, right? Transphobia really makes me upset and I was not happy with multiple people defending such.

meh. going hard in the paint for JK rowling with the “she has done nothing wrong and is being railroaded by nitwits” to reply to a “wat?” post deserved a call out, imo. so i thought it was fair.

as an american i assume i get less JK rowling news than the brits and it certainly isn’t in my daily news feed, but who knows.

but yes to your comment about the plan. i will admit i was one of the fans that was upbeat about Frank coming in, but it was because i thought he would focus on the younger/newer guys like he did in his previous stint. i want to see lewis hall, carney chukwuemeka, badiashile, datro fofana… seeing these guys that are 100% gone in the summer when the season is done and dusted already makes me rage.

that being said, it might be my american-ness in just shutting it down and tanking because that’s what american sports would do… there is still a very small chance that if chelsea dont pick up another point that we could be in a relegation fight(which i’m kinda on the fence on if we will even get more than 1 although we do have bournemouth and forrest at home) but it’s highly unlikely because the odds that all of leicester, leeds, and forrest get >9 of 12 as to be astronomically small.

It’s just going to be a rough summer. Needing to make 100m in sales to PL clubs by July is rough.

Probably can just get by with losing Mount and Gallagher, but those are gigantic losses imo even though I’m lukewarm on Gallagher.

No you were in line and it’s no surprise the people who were counter to your point are people who’s opinions I generally dismiss.

Oh Christ.

Allardyce.

Fat Sam. Lardiola. Chippy Tits. The Count of Monte Bisto. Old Curry Udders himself.

And it’s a reasonable appointment too.

haaland is a beast, can’t help but like him

1 Like

Where would the USMNT rank in the English tables?

Well Fulham is 10th and Leeds is 17th, so 12th

Yeah something like 13-18th sounds right with the player values we have on the first team. Gets a lot worse if you start to need substitutes and/or a full bench for a year for injuries. Could easily be 20th given that.

I’d say 20th easily.

Small chance you could be better than Southampton this year, but they are significantly worse than everton/leeds

1 Like