English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Yeah that was two yellows at least, but whatever stomped anyways.

Love the 4k nbc broadcasts

Chelsea is a complete train wreck at this point. I’ve only seen highlight clips of Mykhailo Mudryk, but he doesn’t look like a $100m dollar player.

Their pass map today was brutal

1 Like

Who the hell is laying $100 to win $68 that Chelsea beats Leeds.

Now they’ve lost they’ve lost Tiago Silva who is probably their best player this season. :grin:

I dont even need to check my models output to know im probably betting against chelsea every week.

2 Likes

Arsenal: team of destiny

The re-penalty take in Chelsea vs Dortmund was the worst. Had the ridiculous combination of being a shitty rule (a la Tuck Rule for ye olde yanks) and something that’s never called (like the penalty in the Super Bowl) - while being “technically correct”.

Unbelievable (for those who didn’t watch, blue team missed this, got a retake for yellow encroachment)

Well they are encroaching ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Went to watch spurs. It’s on something called paramount plus

This splintering of sports into 300 different venues is hot trash

Paramount plus is the only one that’s worth if for soccer imo. They will play both the ones on tv AND the ones on just streaming. They don’t blackout the one that’s on tv like most/all of the other ones. Nothing like not having cable but having peacock and then you can’t see the game you want because they happened to choose that one for the tv game.

i mean, one of the players that encroached cleared the ball so i dont understand much of the resistance to the call. i wonder if the same people hating on social media would have been upset if havertz made the pen and then they call it back to reset it because of the encroachment.

also a more analogous nfl rule imo would be when a wide receiver steps on the sideline and then makes the catch further down the field.

I think the resistance is coming from Chelsea doing it first. Like a false start situation, where you can’t be offside after it

first as in chillwell is further into the box than the dortmund players? the dude that cleared it is lined up encroaching in the arc, so he’s be default “first”.

eta- i saw somewhere that the ref can call it if both teams are in the box and have them retake no matter the outcome. but VAR only gets involved when one of the offenders makes a play on the ball. not sure that’s true, but it examples why VAR got involved if so.

I wonder if bright yellow or blue catches the refs eye the most.
Regardless, VAR it ffs.

https://twitter.com/_SpursTrophies/status/1633393971324936192

plus more than 300 :grinning:

Fucking brutal

and something that’s never called (like the penalty in the Super Bowl

what penalty?

Defensive holding on PHI like second to last play

ESPN+ is elite for soccer if you’re watching anything outside of the epl.

1 Like