English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

I pay for Peacock (and ESPN+/Paramount+) but I wonder why when every Chelsea and Leeds game is on USA (and unavailable on Peacock wtf)

The strategy of every streaming service buying up one soccer league apiece is some dastardly shit. Makes sense though since the incremental value of Peacock to add CL is a lot lower to them than P+. Same thing with FA Cup and Bund on ESPN+

true. but i dont. i just get super salty when i forget to check and wake up to watch the early epl match and see it’s not on peacock.

2 Likes

agreed, not having all premier league without blockout is super annoying.

I went into a blind rage when cox stopped giving me a free peacock premium sub. I went out and dived into IPTV.

Highly recommend as you get every live tv/streaming even for a $15 ish sub if you don’t mind doing illegal stuff. Can be a pain to navigate their menus but I’ve gotten better at it.

Between IPTV sub and realdebrid sub w/ kodi addons i can pretty watch ANYTHING that i want whenever i want for ~20ish $ a month combined. Chrome casts on every tv, and a vpn router so the popo cant get me.

haaland with FIVE of some of the most poacher goals ever… amazing.

how it started:

After the two dropped points against Southampton, Conte said: “For me this is unacceptable. We are winning 3-1, in control and concede two goals. I think it’s better to go into the problem, we are not a team. We are 11 players that go into the pitch. I see selfish players, players that don’t want to help each other and don’t put their heart [into it]. This season compared to last, now we are worse in this aspect. When you are not a team you cannot improve.”

how it’s going:

We give up 2 goals every fucking game. Great job coach.

https://twitter.com/SoccerSoprano/status/1640270755291332608?s=20

1 Like

Why do I watch this team. Up 1-0 in 70’ minute. Opponents down to 10 men.

Fucking choke every fucking time.

1 Like

That’s why the football world loves Spursiness.

https://twitter.com/DailyCannon/status/1642993190926942212

6’3" athlete falls to the ground in agony after being slapped in the face lol.

Doesn’t matter man. You cannot strike a fellow foot ball player in the face. Even if he didn’t go down it’s a straight red all day.

Lucas red was also always a straight red.

1 Like

If anyone has that video, the 10 seconds around that strike would make a great gif like the yankees fans one there’s so much going on at once.

1 Like

I’m aware of the rules. I’m also aware of some players who pretend to be on death’s doorstep after minor contact, and it’s embarrassing to see.

i still just want a ref one time to be like, “oh no, you looked really hurt there, stand on the sideline for a few minutes to make sure you’re good.” and not let a player back on the pitch for 4-5 minutes after rolling around like they got shot and popping back up ready to go…

it would end all of that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UNDERCOVER_JM/status/1643070947249774593

(from reddit)

a no-brainer straight red that of course kane also exaggerated, because duh. Anyway spurs have been on the ropes for months but this season’s killshot was that bentancur injury. For starters spurs can’t deal with a press without him, yesterday being Exhibit J. For spurs fans this has been the dullest dumbest season ever, and Arsenal’s been so good, and Naglesmann is going somewhere else, and I guess top-four is still in play but I’d never bet on it. And Arsenal could still collapse but I wouldn’t bet on that either, they’ve looked great. Nightmare season and may the next manager be a literal swashbuckling pirate who doesn’t rely on Dier to be Beckenbauer

1 Like

Spughs are fucked for the foreseeable future and it serves them right. A lot of flack is thrown at the owner and CEO but the attitude of the fans is largely responsible.

The fans have been boasting for decades about their “rightful place” at the top of the table, and of how every “next season is going to be our year” so the owner/CEO have felt compelled to keep them happy by appointing big name managers hoping for instant glory instead of building a long term plan.

Without a strong academy to produce top talent and make profits for reinvestment into the mediocre first team and with an ageing Kane and Son it’s hard to see them above upper-mid table for most of this decade unless the club is sold.

This is what happens to clubs with ideas above their station. See Leeds for an earlier example. They were quite successful more than half a century ago too.

It’s just nice (and not coincidental) that it’s happening at the same time Arsenal are in the ascendant.

Really awesome to finish 3-5 every year and never trophy and have all our rivals take turns banging the title.

Good times.