English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

What are we looking at?

Iā€™m watching the Chelsea match on replay, and thatā€™s the highlight of the match

Chelsea are just stagnant and unambitious. a bit boring

Chelsea is just terrible on offense. They had a zillion corners in the first half and none were even a remote chance. The Chillwell goal was a 1 in 100 luckbox. Everything is backwards or side to side and super slow. There are no quick passes like you see at other clubs. The offense mostly seems to run through Reece James. WTF.

1 Like

Reece James is their best offensive player. Itā€™s a problem.

I just dont even know how youā€™d fix it. Itā€™s not Auba. Zaha would have helped imo.

Just no one who can beat you consistently 1v1 other than sterling, no one who can consistently score.

1 Like

looks like david beckham sitting in the crowd in support of his old teammate from preston north end, david moyes. Beckham is shown seated next to his wife, victoria

1 Like

Pulisic was good, I thought.

but tactically it shouldnā€™t take 25 minutes to sort out wtf is going on. they had a clear aversion to the cross from the run-of-play, owing perhaps to the size of puli and sterling

they need to run at defenders jfc, they will succeed maybe less often than other teams, but the ticki tacka dogshit they were trying wasnā€™t likely to yield a goal with what WHU was doing

Well they havenā€™t played anyone yet. So.

Man City should be completely untouchable. Maybe Arsenal can sniff the UCL for the first time in 7 years.

1 Like

:vince:

1 Like

No one thinks arsenal will compete with City.

But theyā€™re better than Chelsea and United and can probably finish ahead of Spurs/Chelsea and fight with pool for even second.

Every other team has gotten bossed by bottom half teams, so the havenā€™t played anyone is silly.

Iā€™ll believe it when I see it. Whenā€™s the last time they finished top 4? 2015?

Correct, but half the times theyā€™ve missed since have been by one game.

Iā€™ve watched Liverpool get outplayed by Fulham, Everton, United and get lucky to score in the 98th vs Newcastle.

Iā€™ve watched Chelsea get outplayed by Leeds, Southampton, Leicester and heard the decision vs West Ham was an all time ref howler.

Spurs are ugly to watch and rely on Kane/Son brilliance, they create no offense through midfield.

Arsenal are easily the best of this bunch through six games. Can those teams finish above Arsenal? Sure. They have more experienced players, and Arsenals depth is also lacking in experience.

Hard to see how Chelsea get a dominant attack out of their bunch. Conte doesnā€™t play for a dominant attack.

If Salah/Darwin/TAA/VVD continue this form, Liverpool will struggle for top 4. Those players minus Darwin have years of being world class, but its a worry if Iā€™m a pool fan right now.

Iā€™ll take Pool v Arsenal for even up to a grand. Quote to book.

Come on man, current line is probably Arsenal +6.5 or more.

The preseason line was double digits, somewhere around ~15 points.

Youā€™re better than this.

Yup, 6.5

But Pool is washed and Arsenal are going to finish second? I donā€™t even have a team in the Prem, but thatā€™s all Iā€™ve heard from the gunners fans for weeks.

I spend way too much time on their reddit and itā€™s like 10,000 posts a day and basically no one has said that?

As Iā€™ve said, you still have to run really good with multiple world class players having down years.

If you donā€™t have a dog in it, why not offer Chelsea or Spurs, the teams seen as even in the books rather than a team who has consistently been a top 3 team in Europe the last 5 years?

Agree. Problem is Tuchel hates giving up possession in any sense. Midfielders canā€™t break the lines, and attackers canā€™t dribble at opponents. Itā€™s no good.

1 Like

Iā€™m a pretty casual EPL fan, so I donā€™t follow things that closely, but can someone ELI5 how Chelsea went so quickly from winning the Championā€™s League to what we see today.

Must just be the couple guys in my card discord that are circle jerking over Gabi and Jesus.

Watched the 2H of the Manure game andā€¦ notgreatbob.gif

Lots of teams spent lots of money. Chelsea, meanwhile, got worse.

If Jorginho / Kante arenā€™t god moding, theyā€™re pretty average. And they lost Rudiger. And Silva is like my age.

Jorginho was basically playing as well as any mid in the world for the stretch of euros / UCL / Prem last year.

2 Likes