English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1563516262533148672?s=20&t=KXjiJLX9BhwhnbxBlM3RDA

Sargent killin it. Maybe playing him at the 9 was a good idea?

Also, lol:
https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1563509492071145474?s=20&t=KXjiJLX9BhwhnbxBlM3RDA

Donā€™t like the badge in the middle otherwise OK as a third kit. ALAW

lotus cheek isnā€™t good imo

The streak ends at 5 hours and change

Even a 2/10 Vardy performance and Leicester get a result

Havertz hold up play is so good. Pulisic is never going to be a starter on Chelsea with the way they play. Heā€™d be so much better off just playing for a non top tier team.

We were second best today. I blame it on the kit. Roll on Tuesday.

game is good. hype!

LOL at 9-0

My 7yo was on the winning side of a 12-0 this morning and I was just telling him how that kind of thing doesnā€™t happen at the pro level.

Edit: he just informed me that it was actually 15-0, so I guess my point was a tiny bit more valid.

1 Like

Leicester was horrid. Donā€™t know how the skipper can keep going at this rate.

They were bad for having an extra man, but if Vardy plays OK they still win by a few.

^

NFā€™s plan of allowing tottenham to counter over and over again is a plan i guess

1 Like

should be a red imo, but w/e.

also incredibly stupid to do in the var era. never getting away with that

stupid ass gk hat guy saves it lol

1 Like

pass it son ffs

rofl NF just stops playing.

That gk performance deserves better honestly

1 Like

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1563940981841563648?s=20&t=LTsrZnjUfRmi-XCNbdJE8w

alright then

Please tell me that they call hat guy the Sheriff of Nottingham. Also he really just wears a baseball cap all the time or was it extra sunny or something?

2 Likes

and if Iā€™m Henderson Iā€™m going to oddjob that hat through Koutateā€™s and Toffoloā€™s spines after that second goal, and to lose track of Kane of all people, haha. And that really seemed like a red, itā€™s a red when a handball ā€œdenies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity,ā€ so unless opportunity is a term of art there then thatā€™s a red, because please, Kane is almost definitely going to head the ball (camera angle from the middle of the field shows it best) in the direction of the goal from five feet away at an open net. Was he going to score? Beats meā€”if I had to bet on it Iā€™d say probably not. But itā€™s obviously an opportunity. Anyway my brain always just sort of breaks whenever a soccer player handles the ball on purpose, like, I donā€™t know what level of galaxybrain EV soccer enlightement you have to attain for the thought to manipulate (as opposed to pedipulate) a ball to even enter your mind, I guess itā€™s just the Suarez Sphere (bc obv the EV is different when itā€™s a Maradona/Henri/Scholes situation, since intentional handballs that donā€™t deny the other team a goal-scoring opportunity can be given at most a yellow).

1 Like