Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

7 Likes

I don’t even twitter, but does Musk generally let posts like that stay up or does he delete them for violating whatever terms he decides to conjure up.

I’m not sure, but Popehat has basically quit Twitter for Bluesky and is kind of hoping he gets banned.

I wonder if Musk pays rack rate for his attorneys and whether he actually pays those bills. If yes to both, that is a sweet gig.

Can someone send me a bluesky code?

edit: got one and it seems like a pretty good site. What are the complaints? You can’t embed?

the “well, yes what they said is true and the ads showed up next to the bigotted posts, but they hit refresh too many times” seems like an interesting strategy choice for the law suit.

3 Likes

Damn, I’ve never so completely agreed with Matt Y.

Feels weird.

Although I guess I could nitpick that I would prefer he used decolonization to make his point, instead. Because it’s so egregious to let people think that decolonization means genociding your oppressors, forcing people to leave their homes. As bad as people just going with “abolish means kill”

til “spavined”—after I couldn’t figure out what the writer intended to write. TY Elon!

1 Like

We own a 2015 Bought it used about 5 years ago. It’s been great, no $ put into it other than tires and windshield wipers. Battery still in great shape, if the bars are any indication. But as @CanadaMatt3004 said, it’s a car for around town. The range is only 85 miles or so.

When we lived in Utah we paid almost nothing for charging. There were free chargers all around, we’d go walk dog and charge the car. And at home we had a time of use rate that was only about 3.6 cents per kwh during off peak times.

Would definitely buy another one.

3 Likes

Yeah if there is infrastructure nearby, it can cost almost $0 in upkeep for the first few years. The first money I put into my leaf was a tire change after like 3 years.

30 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1725725262636335208?t=GO1Mvjm7UqMmSHje8_21Tg&s=19

2 Likes

If anyone has a bluesky invite I’d be very grateful. Seems absurd that I first attempted to sign up around six months ago and have never heard anything, and frankly this difficulty in signing up for a simple, unconnected but politically engaged user makes me suspect that the whole thing is going to be a stupid bubble. But all the EU journalists all appear to be on Bluesky (Threads isn’t available) so I guess I must be missing out on plenty of decent content at this point.

Search bluesky in your email if you have a large email folder. They may have snuck a code to you.

I don’t have any to give away. Don’t even know how to get codes to giveaway.

1 Like

Thanks, I get dozens of Bluesky hits in my email but they’re all just mentions in the dozens of substackers I follow. Not a peep from the secret society itself!

sent

2 Likes

Appreciate it! Let me know your @ and I’ll give you a follow.

On the desktop site it’s over to the right:

1 Like

Also still have a bunch of codes left, if anyone needs one just shoot me a message :slight_smile:

2 Likes