Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

Electric mini cooper is about 30k new

1 Like

You live in Japan and you’re asking a bunch of Americans about EVs?

Bolts are pretty cool aside from their slow DC fast charging (and being discontinued).

1 Like

Believe it or not, other than the Nissan Leaf, EVs haven’t really evolved that much in Japan. It’s all about the hybrids here.

And I’ve only seen one Tesla on the road in my area in my 8 years here.

He’s a mentally unwell addict who lectures others on how not to fall victim to addiction and mental illness. The perils of externalizing one’s internal struggles. Similar psychology to closet cases who lecture other people about the evils of being gay.

1 Like

When I walk along the road above the canyon here, which is one-way for cars, it’s like a Tesla caravan out of the nicer end of town. They don’t always stay on their side of the road though. :fu:

Hyundai Ioniq seems to get a lot of love

“Coolest” might be Lucid. I almost pulled the trigger on one, but early reviews did not instill confidence. Range is great, tho.

3 Likes

Toyota fell behind in the US because they pushed hybrids as the way to go and just now came up with an EV

Exactly, and most of the rest of Japan’s car makers as well. There’s really no charging infrastructure to support EV use here as there is in the US.

I think Ford’s EVs are good in warm weather areas.
I’ve heard their range gets far worse than other EVs in very cold weather.

What about those Volvo EVs, both by Volvo and its spinoff?

Just about every brand offers an EV at this point, getting a Tesla is just not something I’d do. I haven’t done in depth research because I’m not looking for a car but the Polestars look interesting along with Lucid, Genesis, Hyundai, Audi, BMW, VW, Porsche.

He does that finger tent on his chin pose, though.

1 Like

Hyundai Ioniq has a surprisingly decent sound system, that is my review.

1 Like

If I were getting an EV I’d get one from an established brand before Lucid, Rivian, etc. The Hyundai/Kia/Genesis platform in general seems good. If money was no object I think the various Mercedes look sick.

I’m getting the Mercedes AA Class

3 Likes

Love my bolt, and everyone I know that owns one loves theirs too.

3 Likes

The Cadillac of EVs

How long have you had it? I’ve had a few American cars that I love for two-four years until the wheels fall off. On the flip side, I’ve had a 10+ year affair with a Nissan leaf and a nearly 15 year path with a Honda Civic.

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1725522868971229437

2 Likes

We’ve owned it almost a year. I’m confident we’ll have as many trouble free years as we own it.

1 Like