Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become billionaires

lol you make a compelling argument

Musk has a troll factor Trump doesn’t have, which as a poster (not as a person) might make him worse. But I agree it’s a debate.

1 Like

Trump posted his way to the Presidency. Musk’s posting is costing him billions, so while Trump may be more evil, Musk may be worse at posting.

10 Likes

Musk also has a spectacularly bad sense of humor. I think Trump may have been funny a few times in his life.

Trump’s only humor is to punch down, and most of us hate that most of the time, but Low Energy Jeb Bush and Sloppy Steve are much funnier than anything Elon has done.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realMeetKevin/status/1658955545121021952?s=20

1 Like

That seems highly illegal but it’s Twitter and Tesla so I guess whatever.

It’s morally reprehensible to live in a house as the homeless don’t have that same luxury.

1 Like

Screenshot from 2023-05-19 01-00-52

5 Likes

3 Likes

Would definitely be illegal in Europe as an actors likeness is protected commercially. Can’t even make lookalike parody advertisements. Max Verstappen won his court case recently even though the ad was clearly a parody featuring a lookalike.

If Tesla actually made and posted that ad, Reynolds could sue them for a shitload. If it’s just some dude who made it it’s more complicated and likely not worth it.

Musk has seen and commented on it. Since it’s on a platform he owns and thus could remove, you could probably sue him as well.

The fact that he owns the platform is irrelevant because of CDA 230.

1 Like

It’s not clear that 230 would apply here. 230 specifically carves out protection for IP claims - see section 230(e)(2). I won’t bore you with a long legal discussion, but courts are split on the scope of this carve out. For example the Third Circuit recently held that 230 did not protect Facebook from “false publicity” claims made by a news anchor when her image was illegally used in an ad for a dating app. I’m guessing at some point SCOTUS will weigh in on this issue.

Hepp v. Facebook | Loeb & Loeb LLP.

edit: I also think that by replying to the tweet - and thus amplifying it’s reach - Musk could be liable.

4 Likes

Suggesting Trump is a worse poster than Elon is insane. Trump had a lot of shitty posts but he’s had some real bangers too. Elon will never make a good post in his entire life.

Chris and Matt from Chapo recently pointed out that by a pure success metric, the best poster of all time is Martin Luther and he will probably never be surpassed.

8 Likes

Was El Diablo #2?

7 Likes

I was about to be disappointed that Ryan Reynolds’s associated himself with Elon. He seems smarter than that.

I mean, it’s so obvious the the “commercial” is fake, it would be crazy if people fell for it. I’d still be pissed if I was Ryan Reynolds, though.

“Fake” doing a lot of work here. The commercial is real, Tesla is real, Reynolds is real.

:thinking:

3 Likes