Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

See, the way it works is, if you’re a rich enough asshole, you call the head of FAA a liar and the agency will work overtime and pressure other agencies to do the same to give you a launch license on your schedule despite having previously said they would not.

Starship is a go for tomorrow. Let’s see what this baby can do.

1 Like

SpaceX: Terraforming Earth! (Into Venus)

https://x.com/dorseyshaw/status/1844721874531389938

6 Likes

Lol that thing would get high centered on a speed bump.

1 Like

el0n apparently said he gets 50% of his predictions early… it’s just typical lib media bias that no one can point to a single correct or early prediction…

Honestly if we had a bunch of those things cruising around city streets picking up people instead of large, often infrequent buses, I think that’d be a pretty big improvement

Or just make busses more frequent :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s a motherfucking bus

1 Like

Just give them 20 more years and they’ll figure out that it might be more efficient to put it on it’s own self-contained track that can conduct electricity and therefore you don’t even have to recharge the vehicles!

8 Likes

looks like a smaller version of Toronto’s streetcars.

This is America. Ain’t nobody wants to ride around with randoms.

1 Like

It was incredibly bad. What’s funny is that the market was expecting anything better.

In addition to the standard vaporware/lack of detail we’ve come to expect from Tesla self-driving tech, there was stuff like the cars being low to the ground. Waymo cars, as an example, have seats that are high up off the ground so that elderly customers can get in and out easily. It’s just an example of how little thought obviously went into this. Nobody thought about customer requirements because Tesla are not actually going to bring these things to market.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you’ve ever been to a city that operates by minibus, but the speed and frequency that they come by, as well as the ability to flag them down wherever, is actually super convenient compared to large buses.

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what level the guys yelling “What! What?!” are operating on. Can’t tell if they’re massive fanboys or there to mock relentlessly.

What’s the best minibus city?

Bishkek or Almaty

1 Like

New Musk prediction:

On Monday they shall know my wrath!

*Ok, no, wait, it’ll be on Tuesday.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1845341903539032242?t=CoH8_GytTB_pFqYtv6lt9g&s=19

Still stuck on the bus thing. I feel like Lyft and now Tesla have tried some grand innovation to get people to ride the bus, when all they need to do is contract some City Busses for “Premium Service” where fares are doubled but somebody stands at the entrance and pokes homeless people with a cattle prod until they stop trying to get on the bus.

I’m sure San Francisco would sign the contract in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Good idea. They’d probably have to triple or quadruple the price though if they want these people to ride.

Welcome to politics rich guy