Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

fake cybertrucks? that’s that shit I don’t like

3 Likes

https://x.com/Jesse_Brenneman/status/1832964026688852142

3 Likes

Not sure where to put this, but Australia is going to legislate a ban on social media for kids. Details are unclear at this point but will probably be a total ban on 13s and under and possibly parental consent for 14-15 year olds (South Australia is probably going to legislate this independently). Also no clue how enforcement is supposed to work, I imagine “not very well” is the answer. Pending details, the legislation is likely to receive bipartisan support.

1 Like

What will the Aussie pedos do on Snapchat? Read a story recently where New Mexico is suing Snapchat because their ai teenager was inundated with questionable users making friends requests. Like “oldermanloveshotteens” kind of stuff. They made the kid in ai so it wouldn’t be a real person and some people are crying unfair.

I would support a social media ban under 16. I could be talked into under 18 now that I am older.

1 Like

Age restricted.

Complete ban under 14.

14 and 15. Time and content limited.

16 and 17. Similar but with fewer restrictions

In fact. Fuck it. We we would all be better off with a two hour daily limit for social media.

1 Like

How do you authenticate the age of the user?

You ask them politely.

1 Like

I think this is interesting in that it puts the liability on the social media companies.

Specifically, if a child gets access to social media illegally and gets hurt, they can be sued or fined and “we tried a bit” isn’t a defence.

The social media companies are trying to foist that onto the platform owners and make Apple use it’s knowledge about the user to do age verification, which Apple doesn’t want to do and I don’t blame them. it’s a difficult problem to solve without abusing customer privacy…

This seems doomed to fail. I think a better approach would be to regulate data ownership, data privacy, content algorithms, advertising, etc, than to pretend that kids won’t find a way around this. Social media is bad because of its addictive nature and the warping of reality that comes with engagement maximization algorithms, so why not attack that instead?*

That might help both kids and adults…

*Because the tech lobby won’t allow it, I know I know

I guess I’m okay with holding Apple legally liable if kids sneak onto social media and if it’s too hard to keep kids off the website, well, tough titty. Should have figured that out before releasing your social media product.

2 Likes

https://x.com/franklinleonard/status/1833161803607539833

21 Likes

Trump is the mess that created Biden.

Idk why he thinks it’s such a dunk?

2 Likes

Selfie obviously :joy:

Ping is long dead my friend.

(Ping was apple’s music centric social media platform that died a very quick death)

Apple doesn’t make social media products.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

They did try.

The iPhone is basically a social media product. Not in the literal sense obviously, but they’re pretty intertwined at this point.

Worked out well last time.

1 Like