Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

I still feel like there’s an opportunity for dems re: voter ID bullshit. I would happily take that in exchange for increased polling locations and early voting to ensure that no one ever has to wait more than 30-60 minutes to vote at worst. They would absolutely never take it because they know they gain way more margin by making it so damn hard for urban centers to vote than they would ever get back with any voter ID law (which I’m not sure is a winner for them anyways, probably lots of rural Trumpers would fuck it up somehow).

If there’s one small advantage to the GOP getting dumber and more ideological, it’s that you may occasional be able to dupe them into compromises like this. They are actually starting to believe the voter fraud shit, it’s not just another disenfranchisement tool.

The only swing states w/o voter ID are PA and NV.

Regarding paper ballots, prior to 2019 GA had the truly bad direct recording electronic voting machines that left zero paper trail or way to audit the results. When the GOP trifecta gov was setting out to replace them, almost all Dems in the state wanted hand marked paper ballots. We instead got another electronic system, but did still print a piece of paper with a QR code that was then scanned by machine. Then when Trump lost, the crazies have been crying for hand marked paper ballots, but the state already spent like a billion on these machines, so we are sticking with it.

I was listening to a podcast the other day (IIRC it was 90 Days) and they raised the point that the real worst of the worst “conservative” men should actually love vote by mail b/c it gives them a better chance to maybe see / coerce their wives vote before it gets sent in. I hadn’t thought about it in those terms, but I wonder if there is data that would show a difference in gender gap based on method of voting?

2 Likes

This indicates the effect of voter ID laws is small, but good for Republicans in State elections and good for Democrats in Federal elections.

https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.2217323120

Shows very little effect, but a slight advantage for Dems. I would have thought it might be a slight advantage for Rs because it helps old people who have lived in the same place for a while the most.

1 Like

it’s honestly the most relatable part of the musk decline to madness.

if I had all the money in the world I’d do all manners of dumb shit to stroke my own ego and fuck around with stuff

Yeah. Most billionaires just sink money into passion projects like sports teams, foundations, mega yachts, or whatever. Elon’s passion project just happens to be creating a social media platform that’s a racist echo chamber.

3 Likes

Yep, it started with just loving attention and being too online but then the brain worms got in like they tend to do to people that deep down are racist assholes

https://x.com/realCarrickRyan/status/1831210130358309342

Where does Neville Chamberlain go for his apology?

3 Likes

I had not seen this till now

Whatever the opposite of :vince1: is, that’s what I’m doing now.

5 Likes

Sounds like Twitter files part 2, but this time couldn’t even get a “serious” journalist to sign on to give a bit of credibility, so just dumping stuff under anonymous account.

lol I forgot about Twitter files.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1831610063930134543?t=jU5kpQ0f6g38Vz1au632lA&s=19

7 Likes
1 Like

Seems like she wanted to get caught? The Navy Times version has a lot of details.

1 Like

Lol the scammy advertisers left on X are getting community/noted.

1 Like

Great company name there

17 Likes