Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

When did Elon say “ventilators bad”??? Didn’t he try to cash in by telling Trump he could convert a Tesla factory to ventilator production in like 2 days?

1 Like

lol sure thing

The chance is 0.000000000000001% so yes technically non zero

I don’t want to shock and disturb you, but the narcisisstic billionaire asshole sometimes lies to make himself look good. I know, it’s hard to believe!

https://x.com/hey_madni/status/1802696618980094363?t=cfq_D_0Gea1TKBO90z8bwA&s=19

So we’re using AI to… recreate video clips that already exist? Looks like we got another tech bullshit bubble forming;.

4 Likes

The bubble is probably about to burst but it will leave one hell of a mess.

Jensen Huang autographing a boob has to be pretty close to the peak of the hype cycle

1 Like

You can tell he has great ideas about how to run a company because he wears a leather jacket. So badass!

5 Likes

Can anyone fill in the underpants gnome line for me on AI?

1. Steal a bunch of existing content and feed it too our copying machine.
  2. Make objectively shitty copies of that content, often so bad that the joke is lol look how shitty these 6 fingered freak pictures are.
  3. ???
  4. Near infinite valuation.
1 Like

The “???” is the content will get better. Also the quality isn’t important if the cost to generate it is cheap.

2 Likes

I really wonder who all the supportive reply guys to these things are. Are they bots? Are they just clingers who hope to catch the attention of someone to try to make money?

I also wonder if some of these are just jokes. Like dude can’t be serious that the pissed off girlfriend one is good.

Consumer demand is almost irrelevant. Nobody asked for Meta and shopping with VR goggles, but Zuckerberg wasted billions trying to make that work.

Right now an unimaginable mountain of productive capital is dominated by a small handful of the most out-of-touch, psychotic freaks that humanity has ever produced. Like, the Sun King knew more about his subjects’ anxieties than these guys. So we’re getting AI TV shows whether you want them or not, completely regardless of the fact that people seem to instinctively find AI crap to be repulsive and upsetting.

4 Likes

I think thinking of AI only as content that can be created is limited. ChatGPT is objectively useful to me 20 plus times per day. Mostly as an alternative/partner to google.

• help me understand what type of lawyer deals with wills
  • what’s the difference between X and y lawyers
  • what’s this word mean in tagalog
  • how can I approach this conflict at work
  • what are the mechanisms by which this medicine works on the brain
  • so what’s a neurotransmitter
    • so what’s an inhibitory neurotransmitter
      - so what’s an ion
      - does an electron have negative or positive charge
1 Like

Are you taking about image generation specifically? IIRC Midjourney is bootstrapped and wildly profitable from subscription revenue. Stability (Stable Diffusion) has no business model and is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. The big AI labs don’t even pretend to have a business model for image generation, they’re just doing it as R&D.

https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/editorials/article264451076.html

Old news I just saw. Elon’s Hyperloop wasn’t really the nonsense it appeared to be. It was an attempt to derail actual high speed rail development. Maybe it was mentioned in here. Jeebus, what an asshole.

4 Likes

Yeah. What there is is a massive demand to invest in AI. The stock is the product.

1 Like

Whatever work you do, it will do cheaper. I program computers. It will do that. And where it doesn’t do it all, it will make 1 programmer do as much as 10 used to. Do you read and write a bunch of emails at work? It will do that (already does). It won’t stand in front of a classroom, but it’s already writing lesson plans and writing most of the essays students turn in and probably grading a lot of them too. I’m sure there’s an accounting/bookkeeping software co-pilot and many fewer people looking at tax returns. Medical diagnosis. Legal help. The better question is what isn’t AI going to do. (Physical labor mostly)

Eta: will it murder us? Is also a good question.

5 Likes

8 Likes

This dude faked a problem with a cyber truck pretending the charger would not disengage. He did this to shoot a video solving the problem using a hidden pull string to unlock it. Problem is when he did that the piece broke.