Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

was apache even released yet in 1995? not sure, but honestly writing an app to listen for a web request and return a document is not a difficult task and wasn’t even then. the magic of web 1.0 sites is the data, not the web server.

2 Likes

I was using Apache in early 96 and it was already a thing so I could see it being there in 95.

1 Like

NERDS

If Elon invented the .htaccess file he can go fornicate himself.

2 Likes

More cybertruck value

When Tesla was at its peak share price it could have bought like GM or Honda with stock and not even really diluted shareholders. Just a monumental failure of governance and corporate finance.

1 Like

Help me understand. Is that actually true?

Wouldn’t this either require significant liquidity in the market for Tesla stock (convert to cash first) or for holders of Ford or GM stock to accept the sky high Tesla stock price as the correct market valuation?

Both of which may be true, but the stock price being that high doesn’t necessarily make them true

He could have made an all stock tender offer that the boards basically would have had to accept. GM shares turn into Tesla shares GM shareholders can then sell if they want to. It’s basically the AOL / Time Warner playbook.

to write software that doesn’t suck takes dozens (or hundred’s) of people’s work, even more if you want to use a platform to help you do whatever it is you are doing, like a “web server”. in fact, even now it’s basically necessary. not to mention that he is talking about 4 different major projects for that moment in time. for a current ceo to speak so poorly of his first startup isn’t just comical, it’s dishonest. not to mention that it’s dishonest to randomly drop implementation details that are at best irrelevant, at worst fictional.

sidenote:
1995 was a wild time. apache http server’s first release was in 1995, although it was based on code that had been in development before. linux didn’t have its mascot yet. w3c held its second (!) conference. HTML hadn’t been agreed to yet.

ChatGPT has a very clear different view. I would also add that the board may have to take a view on liquidity as well. I.e. could shareholders actually realise that stock price.

In terms of fairly evaluating the value of Tesla. The boards of Ford and GM would be well placed

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/1cinuao/finger_vs_cybertrucks_trunk_after_recent_safety/

Don’t give cybertrucks the finger. I mean if they piss you off enough, maybe from a distance.

More cybertruck mayhem

Although I think most hoods take your finger off

lol ok. Chat GPT. Thump up dot jpg

free speech absolutist

1 Like

He’s bringing back Nick Fuentes. What more do you want?

2 Likes

Oh darn I accidentally put up the Italian flag, guess I’ll go to Rome. Oh no, how did that Japanese flag get there too? Fine, ship me off to Tokyo, I deserve it.

10 Likes

You clearly read that tweet as if he is talking about making google maps when I read it as one of the many shitty applications that were build in the early 90’s like zip2 and you absolutely didn’t need a big team to do that. All code was shitty back then which made hacking so easy and fun. Anyway happy to agree to disagree on what zip2 did and how many people it would need to code the first rough version of it and how much of that Elon Musk did.

“Pay Elon!” -Elon’s sock puppet

If you want your tesla shares to go up give 60 billion dollars of company money to a total moron for no reason.

4 Likes