Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

Ummm, what don’t you understand about “he worked excruciatingly hard”?

8 Likes

But Palestine isn’t a country! Gotcha!

3 Likes

I don’t understand or care about the details of 1995 web infrastructure. I just love it when guys try to bolster their authority from the insights they gleaned from that one time they had an actual job. Every time that Malmuth noted that everything he needed to know about political economy he learned from working for the Census Department in 1978 would leave me on cloud nine the rest of the day.

9 Likes

I once knew SQL and some C++ in 1999.

1 Like

Just under a year!

4 Likes

Tesla Board Of Directors Chair Robyn Denholm has released a new video talking about the upcoming 2024 shareholder vote in June. “We are asking your voices to be heard and to vote for these proposals.”
The Reddit thread for this tweet has this bootlicking tl;dr pinned to it

You guise Elon was working for free for 6 years so he deserves $56 billion in stock, and also those shares are somehow essentially worthless because he has to wait to sell them.

Thank God someone’s looking out for the billionaires.

2 Likes

Big “I won’t take the presidential salary” energy.

7 Likes

They must have deleted that sticky

lol goodbye block feature, mostly

fucking idiot

You should be able to read people who block you, you just shouldn’t be able to reply or quote them or quote a reply to them.

I hate stuff like this because of the cognitive dissonance. It’s hard to find a victim here. Every reasonably informed investor knows the board is Musk stooges, it’s fully disclosed they’re going to pay him whatever he wants. If you want to buy the stock anyway, have at it. Also it is true that he only got so much because he made the stock go up a fucking ton! I hope he somehow spends the rest of his life in agonizing misery as an all time piece of shit, obviously.

This is a terrible policy because if you block say Chayazi, but she can still read your shit, she can still just screen-cap whatever you post, re-post it, and then have her minions brigade your account until you delete it. (Obviously this can be done with a sock puppet but this shit just makes it easier.)

2 Likes

Yeah, but he also tried to fuck a lot of Twitter execs out of their pay, so fuck him. He’s got it coming.

you definitely should NOT be able to read people that block you. that’s pretty common sense once you realize the amount of crazy in the world. but currently to increase spread of the app you can read ALL posts if you aren’t signed in anyway, so this doesn’t actually matter much.

1 Like

I think I should be allowed to read the people who have blocked me.

i understand the difficulty sometimes in imagining further out than yourself and your own tiny bubble. but in instances like lol_lmao said where you can block a bigger account that is harassing you, but they can still screenshot your posts to then sic their thousands of followers who you cant all block onto you. you can cut the harassment out at the source with 1 block. or in some domestic violence/stalking instances it’s important to be able to cut those people off from seeing your social media.

but again, if you can see all posts while not signed in it’s kind of moot.

So create an option

-allow unsigned in users to view your posts
Yes/no

1 Like

But with almost $27 billion of cash on hand, that shouldn’t happen any time soon. “The thing that is really hard to understand is that if you have tens of billions of dollars in cash but you’re losing market share and you’re losing margin, losing pricing power, and all the other things that are happening with the business—you don’t cut your way out of that problem,” Niedermeyer continued. "That’s the confusing part about all this. What would you use that cash for if not to solve those problems? And yet, instead, they’re cutting.

4 Likes

Management can’t use cash to fix problems unless management has good ideas or good leadership skills to leverage smart staff with good ideas. Fighting against the headwind of an increasingly chaotic CEO is pretty tough.

2 Likes