Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

Only guys like him can borrow against wealth equal to the entire annual economic output of Uganda, so what else can you do but give it to him as he lays off an entire town because the company he’s in charge of is making less money (because of him)?

Never said he deserves it but I don’t really care about him screwing over shareholders just like I don’t care about Trump getting more truth social shares. Just pointed out the logic of giving the money to the employees isn’t the same.

If you’re holding a share index, then you personally are being screwed over by his 56 billion.

EV market stopped growing? Link?

Maybe stopped growing isn’t exactly right, as ev sales are still up year over year. Market growth is certainly not as high as projected though. Many automakers are having to pull back on their aggressive ev launch plans.

I haven’t been following closely, but I think the thing the market really cares about is the progress on launching a lower-price model below the Model 3/Y. Credit economics plus the lack of competition from legacy auto makes that potentially lucrative, and it’s been very unclear lately how thoroughly Tesla (or at least senior leadership) was getting distracted from that by AI and ugly pickups and Twitter and the war against the woke mind virus.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/tesla-driver-was-using-autopilot-before-fatal-monroe-crash-police-say/

Guy playing on his phone, autopilot not only rams into a motorcyclist but the guy said he felt the car accelerate just before hitting him.

Charged with vehicular manslaughter.

1 Like

Looking forward to the 14 paragraph announcement on 88!

That seems bad.

1 Like

From TFA:

how is it that there is zero penalty to tesla in this situation? if the shit aint legal how are they distributing it to the public?

3 Likes

Well, probably because when the driver was questioned by police he basically said “I was looking at my phone and thought it was completely safe driving for me and didn’t even notice the guy until I heard the thump of me running him over, totally my fault guys”

He then added “I’m free to go right? Hey why are you handcuffing me? Ouch that hurts! Stop I can’t feel my wrists…”

3 Likes

Okay. That article is an anti EV beat up that paints every thing in the worst possible light.

Even in that article it’s data says that EV grew by 51% year on year

This article below has more data.

There’s a weird thing in the US, where parts of the press are painting a concerted and negative view on EVs that creates the impression that EV sales are going backwards.

I read a recent LinkedIn post by one of the folks recently laid off from Tesla. It wasn’t the main point, but he openly said that he regularly checked emails on his autopilot way into the office.

Tesla obviously isn’t trying to engineer this stuff out. My Subaru bleeps at me and tells me off if I’m not looking at the road for more than about three seconds * there’s no way that Tesla couldn’t spot drivers not watching the road and do something about it

• the Subaru has a Camera on the driver that obviously has picture recognition. I trigger it occasionally moving slowly in empty car parks or if I confuse the picture by having a hand over my mouth, or scratching and eyebrow or something.

Is that counting fleet vehicles the same as personal vehicles?

4 Likes

after this photo was taken they headed to Bywater for a pint with good pals Merry and Pippin

3 Likes

Was going to post this in the stonks thread but only like 8 people read that.

A partial transcript of yesterday’s Tesla earnings call, Elmo answers shareholders question:

“I think” “we think” “maybe”

“These are just guesses”

Great guidance there chief. Makes perfect sense that the stock shot up 18 points and I will never financially recover from this. It’s a fucking cult :rage:

3 Likes