Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

2 Likes

I think a genuine question could be whether Elmo boosting paid-for blue checkmarks on Twitter will ultimately destroy Tesla.

Again, just as a matter of PR, it would seem smart not to criticize something that 75% of people support. As MJ is supposed to have said, “Republicans buy sneakers too.”

The first refuge of the average dipshit political commentator is that “X did Y for money.” With Elon a much more explanatory theory is that he’s involved in an art project about the destruction of his own wealth.

1 Like

There’s a reason corporations are scared about getting anywhere near culture war stuff.

1 Like

The NY Post lives and dies by understanding the sentiments of conservatives and the uninformed. Perhaps a lesson for Elon:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1781866762654425121?t=SwTAIDfEnHYl8j3gL4kweQ&s=19

2 Likes

Kind of interesting timing that was got Elon wanting to get his 60B from Tesla right as we talking about 60B potentially changing tide of European history. And of course Musk shit posting about the Ukraine money being a big deal

In less than a day i had twitter recommend and autoplay an alleged pedo get lit up by three cops and an israeli try to take remove a palestine flag from the ground that was attached to an ied.

Free speech!

Saw some thing just this weekend where something called WLM had very racist billboards up around Michigan. Filed a complaint. Effing ridiculous that it needed to be reported. And of course I’m sure it’s still up. Let’s check. Well now I see people complaining about it. Not sure what that means for Twitter/x.

https://x.com/edzitron/status/1782162555827626443

I don’t know about getting lucky, but this doesn’t sound good

It’s unclear just how much solace this might be to investors who’ve been spooked by reports that Tesla’s answer to affordable options like the Toyota Corolla has been scrapped entirely. Many are concerned that the only new model the company will offer to consumers in the half decade after the Model Y’s debut will be the Cybertruck, an expensive pickup that’s difficult to build. Last week, the company recalled the almost 3,900 trucks it’s sold to fix faulty accelerator pedals.

I would guess that Elon knows that he can’t win going the low cost low margin route, China’s going to win there, so his only out is automation, which is doubtful, but best of luck.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1782544920395600163

11 Likes

39 Likes

I love it when powerful people instruct me not to do what I am told to do.

1 Like

Tesla’s first-quarter net income plummeted 55%, but its stock price surged in after-hours trading Tuesday as the company said it would accelerate production of new, more affordable vehicles.

lol stonks

1 Like

So he wants 56 billion for himself when he fires 20k people. How can anyone be a fan of Elon based on this fact alone.

Let’s do some math. If he only took 54 billion he could give 20,000 laid off employees 100,000 dollar a piece. Shoot he could just take 26 billion and give them all 1,200,000 a piece. Correction 1,300,000!!

What a fucking asshole!!!

6 Likes

The EV market stopped growing this year and when your business model assumes a continued level of growth this shit happens. LOL executive compensation though, especially this bullshit. Every time I see an article about executive pay exceeding 8 figures I get one step closer to registering as a communist, and I’m probably politically to the right of 90% of this forum on economic issues.

For all the shit we give Elon in this thread, for the most part Tesla is OK. Some of the obvious stupid shit like the cyber truck that’s his doing is laughable, but otherwise they are at least making a good faith effort to build decent EVs. But they’ve had to learn a few lessons the hard way:

1. Building cars while keeping costs down is really really fucking hard.
  2. This isn’t the tech industry. People have different expectations as to the reliability of a vehicle. I’m not saying the auto industry can’t learn and adapt but we aren’t making smartphone apps here.

While I’m sure the EV market will continue to grow somewhat, I’m not sure exactly what its future is and this is something that could have a massive impact on my career choice going forward. I recently got laid off in my job as an internal combustion engine calibrator and I have an interview with an EV startup in a few weeks. My interview was supposed to be on Friday but one of the hiring managers had an “emergency” and they said it will be at least 2 more. I can’t help but wonder if the Tesla layoffs are causing them to try to sweep up some of those people rather than bring me in, despite the companies being on opposite sides of the country. I’m probably overreacting to how much the decision I make in the next few weeks will impact the rest of my life, but to say it’s been weighing heavily on me and keeping me up at night would be quite the understatement.

11 Likes

He is an asshole but he is not taking actual money he could give to employees. He is diluting overpriced shares which only works if you don’t sell them but use them as collatoral. Give those shares to employees and they would sell them and crater the share price. He is screwing over other shareholders but again only if he tries to sell those additional shares.

Not sure how “World’s richest man deserves 56 BILLION more compensation in a manner that can only be realized by the exceedingly wealthy as he lays of 20000 people due to the business he runs losing money” is that much more of a winning argument.

7 Likes