Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

1. I click on a funny video that ends up in my “for you” feed.
  2. That account appears in my feed more frequently
  3. I enjoy a few more funny videos from said account
  4. I eventually realize the account is annoying and just steals from other accounts
  5. I tell Twitter I don’t want to see posts from that account anymore
  6. Time passes, account no longer bothers me
  7. A post from that account sneaks back into my feed
  8. Not noticing what account it was from, I click the video
  9. Posts from that account come flooding back into my feed
1 Like

yeah my block list is massive at this point. for a week or two, every account that replied to a tweet with something irrelevant got got.

Free article.
Musk Demands Bigger Stake in Tesla as Price for A.I. Work

The carmaker has also been working on a robot it calls Optimus. The device can fold a shirt, according to a video posted on X by Tesla on Monday, but has not become a significant source of revenue.

Folding a shirt is like 90% of the way to sentience. Seems like Elon is well on his way to wacky delusion land.

Folding a shirt is like 90% of the way to sentience.

https://x.com/dieworkwear/status/1746971994833469757?s=20

3 Likes

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1746970616060580326?s=20

2 Likes

That’s one wrinkly fold (still pretty cool that a robot can come close, though).

2 Likes

I mean it’s not terrible, but give a college robotics team a year and they can probably make a better shirt-folder.

2 Likes

Derek recommends they try folding the “Japanese way”. That’s how I do it, but mostly because it’s magical, not because I care about folding.

1 Like

Totally worth billions in government subsidies.

2 Likes

If you can fold a shirt you can field strip an M-16.

4 Likes

Yup, from your link:

Elon: Important note: Optimus cannot yet do this autonomously, but certainly will be able to do this fully autonomously and in an arbitrary environment (won’t require a fixed table with box that has only one shirt)

He only admitted that after people pointed out the glove in the lower right that a human was using to control the robot. My guess is he fully intended to omit that fact, but failed to notice that the same video debunked what he wanted it to portray.

2 Likes

This alone should have sent the stonk down like 10% today but instead it’s green. The other news over the weekend was also bad.

Index funds go brrrr.

I feel Optimus’s shirt-folding pain. That shit is pure wizardry. I think my fluff and fold lady might be a witch.

I put all my shirts on hangers simply to avoid folding them.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1747792804560994770?t=RIqmOcQGOfqgiUOVgCWfWA&s=19

Levine has been writing about Musk extorting the Board, dude is just the biggest piece of shit imaginable.

1 Like

It’s crazy how quickly the DEI stuff has made it through the derposphere. Politicians are railing against it now.

Musk’s board is just a bunch of flunkies, isn’t it? I doubt he has to twist their arms.

Well, they’re already getting sued and very may well lose for the $50 billion they gave him the last time he pulled this stunt.