Election distraction: What was the last CD you bought?

Last CD I bought a few months ago was Dua Lipa Complete Edition.

The first one I bought with my own money was Beastie Boys Ill Communication.

2 Likes

First CD I bought was Greenday - Kerplunk!

Not sure about last. Sometime around 2005 I randomly decided to give all my physical music to my dad and never bought again - except digital.

1st CD I think
Might have been Brothers in Arms, which was the 1st all digital release. 1st million sales cd

Last cd I bought was Fiona Apple - Tidal

Going way back, 1st cassette was probably the Beatles Blue Album

2 Likes

First CD was like columbia house, including police’s synchronicity, best of the doors, and best of the rolling stones.

Last CD was Accelerate by REM in a Starbucks, circa 2008.

Well, also bought a limited edition Pixies box set for around $300 like 8 years ago with all their CDs but haven’t listened to the actual CDs.

I do because how the fuck am I ever going to remember them otherwise. It has to be the first thing that pops into my mind.

It’s fun when like 8 of the choices I have no answer for (wife, kids, etc) and the other two are my favorite movie (Alien) and favorite food (either tacos or pizza) and the site says 5 characters is too few.

First and last cassette is easy for me.

First is Piano Man, last is River of Dreams, both by Billy Joel.

Man, I guess I’m the weirdo here because I still buy used CDs because they’re dirt cheap and my car is 12 years old and sometimes I just need to blast Pharoahe Monch like a boss when I’m driving off to Kroger. Also, sometimes I go to live acts and just have to buy an album.

I think first was bought circa 1992:

Last was bought circa 2020:

2 Likes

First CD was Dead Letter Office by REM in about 1991. Last was a part of a novelty birthday card that had songs mentioning my son’s name. It was this year and we had to rip it using an old laptop to play it. It weirded him out (he turned 2), so only got played once.

First album was Cosmic Thing by the B52s on tape, last was a few albums by Craven Faults on vinyl last week.

No aux cord plug in?

First vinyl

First CD (to compare it with the vinyl version - it sucked of course)

Last CD god knows

1 Like