Election distraction: What was the last CD you bought?

2nd to last Pearl Jam album (can’t even remember what it was called). Just had a tradition of buying a physical cd of every Pearl Jam album even though they’ve been merely pretty good for the last 20 years.

Had to buy that limited edition packaging with the screen and whatnot.

3 Likes

I always think about the part at 23 seconds where he laughs/snivels/starts to cry. The sniveling intellectual snob wearing a scarf who’s really just screaming in pain inside.

@otatop I found the last CD I bought under the passenger seat of my car just the other day:

Tool, 10,000 Days ETA purchased at a Tool concert in fact

1 Like

Also my very first CD purchase was, I believe, Motley Crue’s Dr. Feelgood

My very last cassette purchase was Nirvana’s Nevermind which obviously came out after that.

First cassette for me is trickier. It was one of The Police Synchronicity or MJ’s Thriller. I can never recall which was first but it was definitely one of those two or maybe both at the same time as stocking stuffers or something.

First CD was INXS - Kick. No idea what the last was.

Don’t remember first cassette, but I do remember the cassette I got with my first Walkman, Van Halen - 1984

First record was probably some nursery rhyme thing. Most memorable record from childhood was Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds, which is still awesome and I will fight you if you disagree.

First concert was ZZ Top, Afterburner tour, with parental accompaniment. Don’t remember my first concert without adult supervision. Might have been Rush.

1 Like

Woah! I was acrtually listening to GAOB today. This track in fact, again not their best but I was a big fan back in the day,

I saw them live a couple of times, and in a short lived stint when I used to put gigs on I booked them to play at my college in London. they were fantastic live, and from what I remember could also party hard. i always thought they were destined for great things, which probably explains why I’m not a rich concert promoter now

3 Likes

Yeah that’s one of the good ones but as a cover it doesn’t really spring to mind. Think I posted it in some primary results thread ages ago, actually.

1 Like

I very recently bought some Queens of the Stone Age cd’s so that I could rip some of the tracks to flac format. Yes I’m a weirdo. I’ll probably just thrift store the actual cd’s.

Also bought a Windows 8.1 cd recently, does that count?

1 Like

i think last cd i bought was norah jones for my girlfriend mid 2000’s.

CD was probably High Violet by The National. I’ve bought the last few Radiohead/The National albums on vinyl and have High Violet signed by the band.

Security questions bro, security questions

In college I was all about Napster and burning CDs but I went on a pretty good tear of buying actual CDs from 2004-2007 when I was in grad school. Last one was probably Crooked Rain by Pavement which I don’t think I ever listened to, at least not the whole way through.

The only devices that I currently have that even play CDs are my PS4 and a CD player in my 2013 Elantra, which has the Frozen soundtrack in it for my daughter (not sure where I got that from, it looks like a burn).

Better question might be the first CD.

I think the first CDs I got were from Columbia House. One of 10 CDs for the price of 1 things. Got a lot of 90s alt-rock and grunge. Definitely a bunch of RHCP and Green Day in there.

I stopped buying hard copies of music around 2000 when P2P file sharing became a thing

Nobody answers those honestly.

My first three CDs were Boyz 2 Men II, Dookie and Candlebox :joy: no clue what the last one was

First cassettes were a rip of use your illusion 1&2, Warren G regulate, doggystyle, and Garth Brooks roping the wind if memory serves

1 Like

Fix that yo, crooked rain is amazing.

1 Like

And now for something completely different.

Pretty sure this is the first, if not it’s certainly the first that was any good:

This is the last according to Amazon (2013):
71EK+tpaoQL.SX425

Yes, I was a band\orchestra nerd.