Election 2022 Hopium Containment Thread

Yeah I’m fishing around my feet for this one. Just get it all in there.

2 Likes

boebert_election_night_party.png

thats_the_good_stuff.gif

8 Likes

can we get some hopium for Palin maybe losing??

i feel like petola is doing better than last time… but i wonder if the republicans that hate palin held their noses and put palin second at a larger clip than a month ago…

1 Like

Palin looks like she’s losing.

4 Likes

Oh, Donald big mad?

Fuck around and find out,
Gritty

21 Likes

Is this seat now first past the post, or does Peltola need 50%+1 to avoid a runoff?

:vince: :vince: :vince:
:vince:
:vince:
:vince: :vince: :vince:

4 Likes

It’s ranked choice. Protola needs 50 plus one but she sure looks like she’s going to get it. I don’t think the repubs who hated Palin 3 months ago suddenly like her. They don’t even need to pick Peltola. They just need to not pick a second choice.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1590151179702456320

9 Likes

I went into yesterday expecting to basically lose democracy, and now I can at least imagine a theoretical path to dem victory in 2024. Trump can’t psychologically handle being second-fiddle to DeSantis, so GOP/Putin either need him to die or to be cowed by blackmail if they want him completely out of the way. And DeSantis’ anti-gay bullshit might not play well nationally. I know a ton of people who mostly DGAF about politics but who will absolutely vote to protect their LGBT+ friends.

That said, we need a better candidate than Biden/Kamala and the dems are still lolbad in general. But at least I’ll express mild hopium about maintaining “significant suckage” rather than “apocalyptic suckage.”

14 Likes

Is there anyone on the bench who hasnt?

I don’t know if Shapiro or Whitmer have been asked about it yet, and I think they’re suddenly our top two non-Biden candidates from an electoral standpoint. I think a Shapiro/Whitmer ticket reinvigorates the Blue Wall as an actual firewall.

Oh right. I vaguely remembered that there were shenanigans involved, but I couldn’t think of just what they were. Thanks.

Shapiro is a really good speaker, he might be viable.

1 Like

gl trying to primary Biden or Harris. Gonna need an Obama-level candidate to pull that off.

He’s also got that nerdy but Everyman quality. It’s hard to come at him.

1 Like

Passable midterm performance has to make it much less likely Biden isnt the candidate.

1 Like

I don’t see any of the people we’re discussing primarying him, but if he decides not to run I think one or more of them will run against Harris and she will not get the nomination.

1 Like

WTB AZ+NV+Boebert failure. Willing to trade all other house races. PST offers.

Kamala’s going to have name recognition plus the establishment backing. Gonna be very hard for Big Gretch to win.