El Sapo and RiskyFlush 1v1 Film War

I only watched Groundhog Day for the first time about 6 months ago. It is better than Lost in Translation, though.

Just for the official record:

Russian Doll not > Grounhog’s Daily

• Official Entertainment Comparison Judge 2020

I hope I can count on your vote :crossed_fingers:

Both are B grade films imo. LIT is slightly more interesting but neither has much to say.

What kind of stubborn engineer math is this?!

What’s your #5?

To be fair, I’m not sure GD was trying to say anything. And that isn’t always a bad thing.

I won’t be able to attend the watches, so I guess the ethical question is can such people still vote?

Depends on which side you’re voting for :eyes:

1 Like

His number 5 is El Topo.

1 Like

cassette, you may appreciate this book.

“Groundhog Day” is a hugely entertaining movie, widely considered a comedy classic and many peoples’ favorite film of all time. Did screenwriter Danny Rubin know what he was doing when he wrote it? That it would star Bill Murray and become a hit? That it would become a touchstone for major religions? That psychologists would come to prescribe the movie to their patients?

Follow this unique screenplay’s exciting journey through agents, directors, studios, stars and the writer’s own confused brain to emerge as one of the most delightful and profoundly affecting comedies of all time. For movie lovers and screenwriters alike, “How To Write Groundhog Day” includes the original screenplay, notes, scene sketches, and a personal tour of the Hollywood writing process from this popular screenwriting teacher.

1 Like

My #5 is season 2 of The Office.

2 Likes

Are you claiming the whole season as one film? Careful here. A lot of stuff in season two might put this lower than you think, but you can’t choose specific episodes.

I don’t know, I’d have to think a while.

Possibly one of

Vertigo
Godfather II
Taxi Driver
Goodfellas
Chinatown
Seven Samurai
Psycho
Once Upon A Time In The West
Oni Baba
Touch Of Evil
The Shining
Some Like It Hot
Don’t Look Now
Un Chien Andalou
Battleship Potemkin
A Bout De Souffle
Apocalypse Now

But I’ve probably forgotten a few.

I haven’t done a film top ten since I was a major film snob in my twenties, so my own list would agree that these are B grade. I should see if I still have it, I know I emailed it (to try and impress a woman, obv), it would be a laugh.

1 Like

I know we’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but… I mean…WTF. :smiley:

LOL it’s really good!

Goodfellas is number 1 so it can’t be number 5.

Thank god dominic isn’t here. :grinning:

Embarrassingly I’ve just realised my list hasn’t changed since my 30’s.

Maybe I should rewatch all of those again now.