El Sapo and RiskyFlush 1v1 Film War

Even now?

What, a girl can’t sit alone at the bar? Some of the unfortunate misogyny made it into the movie, I see.

San Juan.

I guess there can’t even be the defense that it was seen as progressive at the time, though I do sometimes try to see a movie as representing rather than endorsing something. Just wouldn’t feel comfortable calling this a critique of misogyny. But a representation? :smiley:

In the book, there’s a line where Eddie thinks, “Because so few women could do anything.” He dates a college professor hung up on an ex who died.

1 Like

Paul Newman’s questions, “You were bailing him out,” … “He gave that to you?” … so stilted.

1 Like

Stickball bats,

It’s interesting to watch this and think about Vince as a kid and Eddie taking advantage, using him.

1 Like

And the movie begins.

1 Like

She’s YOUR girlfriend, man.

1 Like

The music makes the movie. That’s a Scorsese decision.

1 Like

He just ate it. WTF.

It’s a perfect Rounders prequel. Knish got his ass kicked at pool so hard he switched to Hold’em.

“Is that metal on your jacket? … shit.” Is really one of my favorite lines from the movie. No reason, Newman is just a genius.

1 Like

I remember an old pool pro I used to know. He wanted to get into writing, I wanted to get into pool, so we exchanged tips. He had a whole incredibly lengthy guide on the art of selective losses. Why the fish pros blast through every game, but the sharks deliberately hold a 55/45 edge so that it always seems like you can beat them if you play one more game.

download

Childcare!

1 Like

A shirt with his name on it makes me laugh. Maybe that’s what we should be doing to promote Unstuck. A T-shirt with the UP logo and the name of our favorite poster. We could have it be an ad to come to our site and vote for the best poster/our version of POTUS. I mean most people won’t care, but the people who come for fun will find it.

That 5 got so much easier between the leave and where he shot it.

Are you suggesting there is selective editing???

Camera pulled just enough to the side that they didn’t have to catch whether he actually made the followup shot

1 Like