El Sapo and RiskyFlush 1v1 Film War

Bro, do you even own a copy of Different Seasons?

Shawshank stans is one I still don’t understand. It’s a good, real, really good movie. But if you can’t understand why people don’t have in in their top 5?

1 Like

Ugh, fell asleep. Sorry about that. Dreamed I was late to meet a friend for lunch, and got lost over and over and over again.

1 Like

Two legends. I missed that she gave him a shout-out in the credits

April 26 | SUNDAY | 7pm EST

Come one come all to bask in the glory of Martin Scorsese’s THE COLOR OF MONEY.

Roger Ebert had the balls to say: “The Color of Money is directed by Martin Scorsese, the most exciting American director now working, and it is not an exciting film.”

Is he right? Is this a BAD movie?

Spoiler: eight million Tom Cruise pocket shots can’t be wrong.

Balabooshka! Dammit I love this movie but Sunday is writing day. Why can’t you do a super hero movie or some pretentious Wes Anderson crap on Sunday?

1 Like

Jesus. Of all the Scorsese films…

1 Like

I love this movie. Very rewatchable.

People definitely need to watch The Hustler too.

1 Like

This is how we guarantee you a spot in the front row.

Some would argue this is Scorsese’s version of a superhero movie

1 Like

I’m gonna make my own top 5 with shawshank and hookers.

We can compare at the end and declare me the obvious winner.

edit: that said RiskyFlush you still my boy

Top Five Shawshank Quotes let’s go

Can’t use the obvious ones.

1 Like

You eat when we say you eat. You shit when we say you shit. You piss when we say you piss. You got that, you maggot dick motherffuckeer?

Fat Ass: You don’t understand! I’m not supposed to be here

• Inmates: Me neither! They run this place like a fucking prison

Me? Lawyer fucked me.

Norton: Lord, it’s a miracle! A man up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Red; The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous. We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy, he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer.

1 Like

For the record, Shawshank Redemption might be the most overrated movie of all time, imo. I am a big fan of the prison genre and I find Shawshank just okay. I doubt I could squeeze it into my top 100.

1 Like

Shawshank is a great movie. I’d say it’s a perfect movie. But is it the best movie? Depends on if it’s the only prison movie you’ve ever seen.

I would rather watch Brubaker over Shawshank and Brubaker is average to mediocre.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Hah

Okay but what are some of the other greats? I’ve got

Escape from Alcatraz
Hunger

The Green Mile was excellent, but I don’t find myself filled with the impulse to watch it again. Cool Hand Luke is like that. Escape Plan was fun but so dystopian with its technology that it may as well be a Face/Off sequel set in that same supermax prison.

And there are a ton of movies or tv shows that were certainly not in the genre but had terrific storylines or scenes set in prison. The first half of Prison Break season 1 was perfection, but then of course Fox saw they had a hit and stretched a six-episode mini-series into four seasons.