EDM and/or electronic music

The 303 pretty much. My understanding is acid house is defined by it.

There’s also just “acid.’ Here’s an amazing record I discovered a couple years ago that gets house ish but never really uses that 4 to the floor house beat.

There’s also hints of future trap/dnb buried in it. An all time favorite record.

2 Likes

In.

Tuned in during the mid-90s: trance, techno, hardhouse, dnb mostly.

These two tracks were my gateway tunes in '94:

Love that first ever acid house trivia, completely new to me.

2 Likes

These are both :fire: too. Bringin some oomph.

Reminds me that I was thinking of some stuff like Phantogram when I got to the “misc” section at the end of my post but left it off… Definitely dig it though.

P.S. Great selections in the “what are you listening to” thread!

1 Like
2 Likes

Have never watched much (any really) Twitch and it never occurred to me to look for music there. I can definitely dig this style of music though.

What all styles should this awesome thread include?

I can drop some deep cuts.

1 Like

It’s a 24/7 stream on YouTube.

1 Like

Another one I’m happy to be hearing for the first time.

To be honest, I had seen you post some stuff that had me hoping you’d get into this thread. :+1:

1 Like

You’ve posted this before, right? I bookmarked it after that but haven’t gotten back to it. This dude has got a lot going on musically for sure.

I’m just trying to get a read on your thread before I post songs.

Yeah I’ve posted Acid mt Fuji.

MOOG FLOOD

Epic wave your arms in the air Moog:

Glitch Moog (seriously, it’s a glitch track from 1969!)

Fuck yeah. This track will never get old.

2 Likes

Yes.

Not at all! I don’t know ish about this music, but I want to, so it’s gotta be a community effort!

Only ask I have is that we avoid “that sucks” or similar type takes. (Not directing that at anyone specifically.)

Posts coming too fast for me to listen and respond in real time, so…

Oh yes that Underworld joint! Brings back some memories!

Aw shit we posting dnb.

2 Likes

Umm, yes? Forgive me if I’m missing anything, see my current status in the “this is a therapy” thread. :grin:

The Crystal Castles song with Robert Smith is the greatest Cure song of all time. Come at me.

2 Likes

This seems quite nice skipping around a bit. I’ll have to give the whole album a listen.

My first thought was that he really nailed the retro sounds. Then I realized it was recorded 26 years ago and now I’m impressed at how clean the production was for the era.

1 Like

I guess I know in a superficial way that the Moog features in electronic music (especially in the elder days [don’t take that wrong, I’m staring down 50]), but I always associate it with 1970’s prog/nerd rock. This is cool shit though. I feel like that E.V.A. track has been sampled by some hip-hop acts?