Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

Combining weird tones in music with the fatherhood theme. In addition to this being a dad with his kid, this video was brought to my attention by my kid.

5 Likes

But what about the ones that cannot exist. Do they still exist in the realm of things that donā€™t exist?

1 Like

grey poupon drinking snowflakes itt :heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m not a philosopher but Iā€™d say no. Nonexistant numbers are nowhere existant. But I better have another glass of wine to be sure.

1 Like

Sending some love man. Iā€™ve been having similar thoughts, like itā€™s all been downhill for me since March 8th. Thatā€™s the day that if a piano fell on my head it might have been a blessing. But hopefully we get lucky.

2 Likes

This is a drunk/high rant category and not the sober category.

Fuck facebook. Fuck instagram. I canā€™t browse more than 5 minutes on either platform without seeing:

outright racist comments
outright anti-science comments
comments accusing left wingers of being antifa terorrists
something something 5g

Like what the fuck man. When did the country become so collectively stupid? I canā€™t even fight back anymore. Iā€™m genuinely exhausted. Iā€™ve been doing it for 4 years now. Nothing I post seems to make a fucking difference, no matter how many people I embarrass or destroy it cannot possibly be enough. Thereā€™s hundreds and thousands more to take their place. I was thinking for a minute that the voice was changing - that people were starting to smell common sense again. But since covid itā€™s just taken a sharp backslide.

The amount of people with their heads up their ass is tremendous. I canā€™t deal with it anymore. People I once respected are exposing themselves as total asshats. People I didnā€™t respect are destroying reality one dumbass piece at a time.

Fuck social media and its part in this. I swear people have just given up on critical thinking. Thanks zuck, you fucking weirdo. Thanks to all the people that spread misinformation. Thanks trump. Thanks, anti-science anti-common sense anti-human-decency wing of society. Youā€™ve won.

Fuck it all.

8 Likes

(Iā€™d like to think I am exaggerating, but fuck. West coast sky is fucking orange from climate change. We have a pandemic wrecking us. Trump shouldnā€™t more than a .0001% chance of winning reelection in a sane world. But fuck)

1 Like

I assume you are suggesting that intelligent societies destroy themselves too quickly to spread amongst the galaxy, thus explaining the paradox?

Weā€™re probably witnessing that.

1 Like

Yep, that is is what I was suggesting.

Not much to say other than love all of yā€™all, keep your heads up.

8 Likes

How I recently described it to someone else who was despairing at the state of the planet/world - How lucky are we, really? Of all the generations that have ever existed before us, we may be witnessing the tail end of it. And not only that weā€™ll probably die before it ever gets to the point of human extinction. We might be the last of When It Was Good.

I mean, it sucks for humanity or whatever, but itā€™s a wild ride weā€™re privileged to witness. No one else in human history has had to face this current scenario. Whatā€™s the doomsday clock at, like half a minute? I say weā€™re lucky because weā€™ll probably all be mostly fine, itā€™s just the next few generations that are completely fucked. Thatā€™s why I will never willingly have kids.

4 Likes

The pain you left behind has become a part of me.
And itā€™s burned out a hole where my love used to be.

Man, what a lyric. Linda really sells it.

1 Like

I told my father as much on his deathbed. I kind of regret that. Iā€™ve certainly had second thoughts since then. And there is someone I love and would have happily had kids with. But she had better options. And man, I wish her well, but it hurts.

8 Likes

Every day I more and more see Ozymandias as the hero of The Watchmen

God it was released in 86. The idea of one single 100x 9/11 death event being caused by an ā€œalienā€ to bring the world together. Sick to say it, but Iā€™d take it. Seeing how COVID is already there and we are more split than ever. Fuck.

I was thinking ā€œhe wouldnā€™t be saying that if he had kidsā€ up to the last line.

Doubt it.

3 Likes

Dude. Please donā€™t make me cry. Iā€™m going to finish this glass and go to bed. Thanks, though.

5 Likes

man, not to get too personal itt, but I kind of have felt a similar pain. I donā€™t know your experience or what it was like but I really loved a girl and we got pregnant at the end and she aborted our kid pretty far along into the pregnancy. I have always felt since then like that was my shot and I missed it. I was too broken and damaged and young to really properly manage that relationship and it became a big mess.

But honestly today I feel so much stronger and better for the experience and Iā€™m in such a good place in my life that I feel without that experience I wouldnā€™t have gotten to where i am now. So I am thankful for it. I hope you get to that place eventually.

6 Likes

I will forever say Prince was wasted for his decade

Here he is covering Creep and destroying Radiohead

Here he is covering While My Guitar Gently Weeps and destroying it

Dudeā€™s talents was wasted in the 80s

2 Likes